Line Feeds in Exchange email on Droid Razr

vovers1

Reaction score
I am having problem reading some of my corporate emails from MS Outlook exchange using the Droid RAZR email app.
Most of the mails are presented OK except for some automated emails from a management system server.

For some reason the line feeds are not working and to read the emails I have to scroll to the right making reading these emails a pain.
I get a lot of these mails.
I think the emails are generated by some kind of Linux mail server.

Does anyone know of an email app or anything I could do that may solve this problem.
Or any suggestion as to how to troubleshoot.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I use Touchdown for my work email on my phone, they have a free trial of it for 30 days I think.

I paid the 20 dollars for it because I really like the program and it is completely worth it to me.

Not sure if it would solve your problem but wouldn't hurt to check out. I have two email accounts and they both work great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX.

OP
vovers1

vovers1

Reaction score
Thanks for reply.

after some googling I have just downloaded trial copy of touchdown as you recommend.
It has the same line feed issue.
Must be some funny html code in these emails that stops the reformatting on the screen.
I'll keep digging.

jaybogg

Reaction score
I am having problem reading some of my corporate emails from MS Outlook exchange using the Droid RAZR email app.
Most of the mails are presented OK except for some automated emails from a management system server.

For some reason the line feeds are not working and to read the emails I have to scroll to the right making reading these emails a pain.
I get a lot of these mails.
I think the emails are generated by some kind of Linux mail server.

Does anyone know of an email app or anything I could do that may solve this problem.
Or any suggestion as to how to troubleshoot.

A few questions:

Did it work properly previously and then the problem started?

Are any co-workers having same problem?

Were there any changes by you? IE new phone, software upgrade, modifications

And last but not least, Do you have an IT department and if so, have you asked them?

Sorry to ask so many questions but it might help point the great people here on DF in finding a solution for you.

BTW, How's the weather?:biggrin:

OP
vovers1

vovers1

Reaction score
This problem has been there since the first time I went mobile. I am just getting tired of all the left/right scrolling.

Our corporate IT support is huge but not too interested in little fish like this.
I have posted a help request internally about the same issue yesterday but imagine the reply will not help.

The knowledge base servers are in Delft in Netherlands somewhere.

My peers here are all using ios and seem not have the issue.
I have posted for feedback on internal bb in exchange also.

It's a balmy 44c here today.... And Ramadan to make it more fun in the sun.

I'll update post with feedback from it next week.

jaybogg

Reaction score
This problem has been there since the first time I went mobile. I am just getting tired of all the left/right scrolling.

Our corporate IT support is huge but not too interested in little fish like this.
I have posted a help request internally about the same issue yesterday but imagine the reply will not help.

The knowledge base servers are in Delft in Netherlands somewhere.

My peers here are all using ios and seem not have the issue.
I have posted for feedback on internal bb in exchange also.

It's a balmy 44c here today.... And Ramadan to make it more fun in the sun.

I'll update post with feedback from it next week.

Sorry, but IMO, the problem lies in the Corp servers, for your sake, hope I am wrong.

44c, we're seeing around those temps in the south/central/midwest states right now. Ahh, Ramadan. Are the locals trying to get you to buy cases of coca-cola for them? When stationed there in Khobar in 90-91, they wanted us to buy them coca-cola so they could impress their friends in the after sundown feasts.

OP
vovers1

vovers1

Reaction score
Well corporate IT is "looking" at it. Which generally means filed it....

Obviously there is some kind of html tag that blocks the word wrap.

I found a lousy workaround.
Reply/edit inline on touch down converts the message to text and wrapping works butt formatting is not great.

Thanks for feedback.

Temperature hit 50c here yesterday -fun in the sun....

jaybogg

Reaction score
Well corporate IT is "looking" at it. Which generally means filed it....

Obviously there is some kind of html tag that blocks the word wrap.

I found a lousy workaround.
Reply/edit inline on touch down converts the message to text and wrapping works butt formatting is not great.

Thanks for feedback.

Temperature hit 50c here yesterday -fun in the sun....

Sorry, but it still seems to be within your IT. I guess a lousy work around is better than none(extra line feeds vs. lost format). 50C?? That's enough to trigger warnings, hurt the battery on your phone if it just reaches outside ambient temps!! I do not envy you!:p