Limited Stock Expected for Motorola Droid X Launch

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-x-release-limited.jpg

The closer it gets to launch day, the more we realize just how hot the Motorola Droid X will become. Review after review we continue to hear nothing but positive remarks and very little, if any negative comments. (Check out Garemlin's first impressions over at the Droid X Forums here: Droid X First Impressions)

Verizon's new BIG Daddy Droid is slated to hit retail stores next Thursday the morning of July 15th. If you haven't already pre-ordered one, it could be a little harder to pick one up then previously thought. We were tipped off today with an email that indicates Verizon stores have allocated enough stock only for the first several days after the release. Once the initial batch of X's are sold, it could be a while before the stores are restocked. All I can say is am I am glad I have mine set aside for release day!

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This, with the other issue of a signed bootloader is actually making me NOT regret my decision to pull my pre-order. I know the reviews have been overall positive. But looking past all the hype, I want to see how many 'real-world' issues the phone has before I decide again to purchase the phone. If the masses of people say it's a superbly performing phone, then perhaps I will embark on buying the device. I certainly will not make my decision based off of a few tech sites who had the phone for a couple days to test it out. Just my .02 :)

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i like the scare tactics VZ is implementing to its retail stores. BUY ALL YOU CAN NOW, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE... reminds me of some late-night infomercial :)

Moreno

Reaction score
Well I figured that this would not be available for several weeks once it is sold out on first shipment. If motorola and verizon would of order enough for every customer, they really do not make money and the value of the phone would also go down. Supply and demand. Keeps value same or higher. The messed up thing about it, some retail or direct stores are selling Droid X phones or incredibles for 100 dollars more then it cost. Due to the number of phones are limited. and people actually buy them.

Chillson

Reaction score
This, with the other issue of a signed bootloader is actually making me NOT regret my decision to pull my pre-order. I know the reviews have been overall positive. But looking past all the hype, I want to see how many 'real-world' issues the phone has before I decide again to purchase the phone. If the masses of people say it's a superbly performing phone, then perhaps I will embark on buying the device. I certainly will not make my decision based off of a few tech sites who had the phone for a couple days to test it out. Just my .02 :)

Starting to feel the same way, but I would most definitely benefit from the size of the phone, with the large screen, more on board memory and with the faster processor. For me it certainly would make a better phone than the Droid, still not entirely sure though.

In regards to the limited stock thing...I'm sure Verizon and Motorola looked at HTC and Samsung's situation, to make sure that wouldn't happen to them in any way shape or form, short of any REAL customer demand.

sphen22

Reaction score
Its because I put in an order for 500,000 dxs. Muah. Hahhahhahahahaha

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ouch, I just posted yesterday that this wasn't going to be a deal like the Incredible. While it may not be that big of a deal I didn't expect any issues.

I say do your deal over the phone instead of going into a store. Sure you'll have to wait 24-48 hours but you'll get you X.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ouch, I just posted yesterday that this wasn't going to be a deal like the Incredible. While it may not be that big of a deal I didn't expect any issues.

I say do your deal over the phone instead of going into a store. Sure you'll have to wait 24-48 hours but you'll get you X.

at least this will be more or less a controlled limited supply, unlike the Incredible, which was plagued by hardware component shortages.

IMO this is just a scare tactic by Motorola, and i bet there will be plenty enough Droid Xs to go around...

sphen22

Reaction score
I Think I saw a key gain ring on one side of it. I will just wear it around my neck LOL

Kraghack

Reaction score
I have a question about pre-orders. If I've pre-ordered the Droid X at Best Buy, that doesn't really guarantee a phone for me on release, right? I understand it is more likely that I will get my phone on release but I wouldn't want to have my hopes up...

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
[facepalm]

There is NO reason there should be a shortage of the unit on launch day. Period.

The incredible I can understand with OMLED issues from HTC, but really ...

Not jumpin here...