lilliboss

lilliboss

Reaction score
I have a LG VX 8360 now. I can upgrade on 24 March and I'm . chomping at the bit, I'm 86' retired and looking closely at the Motorola and the Eris I find that there are a number of functioms in the Motorola that I would never have a use for. So I have pretty much decided to go with the HTC Druid Eris . Any comments concerning this decision will be appreciated..
Have worked in Electronics since 1948. Retired Navy and Federal Civil Service.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Welcome!

I'm not really sure the difference between the two phones since I've never touched the Eris, but I've heard the Moto is faster, snappier, more abilities.

I've also heard that Eris isn't going to get all the same updates that the Moto is *supposed* to get, but then again Moto hasn't gotten them yet either, lol.

Either way, welcome aboard :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would pick the Droid over the Eris too, exactly for the reasons Nerdbox08 gave. Glad to see you over in our forum, hope you make it your forum of choice.

And now I know I'm not the oldest member of this forum for sure. Thank you for coming by, sir. :)

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
my only recommendation would be to take into consideration whether or not you need a physical keyboard. the eris does not have one, though you should be able to navigate easily with the trackball, at least it worked well on my blackberry... but it you MUST have a physical keyboard, the motorola is the only option between the two.

and welcome to the forums ;)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a LG VX 8360 now. I can upgrade on 24 March and I'm . chomping at the bit, I'm 86' retired and looking closely at the Motorola and the Eris I find that there are a number of functioms in the Motorola that I would never have a use for. So I have pretty much decided to go with the HTC Druid Eris . Any comments concerning this decision will be appreciated..
Have worked in Electronics since 1948. Retired Navy and Federal Civil Service.

Welcome to the greatest Droid forum on the internet, lilliboss! I have the Droid and have never set eyes on an Eris, so I guess I'm biased right off the bat. As Sam said, the deciding factor will be the keyboard. Just keep in mind that on a new Droid the keyboard is really stiff and takes some getting used to. Once you've used it for a while, it becomes much more responsive.

I feel I must warn you that either phone is going to create a newfound obsession in your life, second only to the time you'll end up spending on this forum! If you still have that techie curiousity, then the Droid is the one for you. Good luck on your decision and I hope you enjoy your time here on the forum. Everyone is great and all are here to help and learn!

cfinberg

Reaction score
Greetings! I chose the Droid for the keyboard, which the Eris did not have, since I was shifting from a PDA with a stylus. But, I almost never use the keyboard. I wish the SCREEN keyboard keys were larger and the autofill dictionary a little more responsive, but overall am extremely happy and also sure that the library of apps will steadily improve, because of Google's open architecture approach. Would I prefer the Eris, now? Thinner would be nice, but I think the most important factor in your choice should be reliability over a ...let's say... 2-year lifespan. Maybe others can comment on that.