Like my fascinate but....

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by stumpy, Dec 27, 2010.

1. stumpy

stumpy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not knowing when Samsung is going to step up with an update im thinking on exchanging it for an Inc or an X. Should I hold out and wait or exchange before my 30 days run out?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

2. droidXpert

droidXpert Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't buy a phone based on how fast it gets updates. Look how long it took Verizon to push 2.2 to the X and then it turned out so buggy that another update had to be pushed out last month.

Just enjoy the phone. If you want 2.2 now, research on rooting and installing custom ROMs. Otherwise, be patient and let it come. The Fascinate has a GPU that makes the Droid X's look like last gen hardware. It's your decision.

3. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,667
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    That is your decision, but almost everyone here is going to say don't get a phone based on upgrades. Each phone gets their own upgrades at different times, each have their strengths and weaknesses.

Plus it wouldn't matter because Google depends when to push out the updates. No matter what device you get, you're most liekly going to get a different update timeframe

4. Iowa

Iowa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you have the money and its going to make YOU happy then do what you want man! Updates come when updates come that's just the nature of the beast. I would say do whatever makes you happy. It is your life after all :)!