Like it or not, we think the Verizon iPhone is coming

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by JohnDroid, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Um what? So you're saying that wsj is saying that verizon will announce the iphone, but that doesn't mean the verizon iphone is confirmed? Haha...k.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2. debdroid1a

debdroid1a Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Exactly. WJS has said the iPhone is coming to Verizon every quarter. It's another rumor they've started. They must get tons of hits and decide it's a good money maker to stat this. Plus other people quote them and they sound better. However, every quarter this is getting old... except for those who forget they mentioned it last quarter and the quarter before that and the quarter before that., etc.

3. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    If you can't discern the difference between previous articles and this one I don't know what to tell you. What I can tell you is what I'm thinking and that's: "lol...seriously?"

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. Jordan8

Jordan8 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Will this be broadcasted live anywhere?

5. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Ratings:
    +6
    Probably. Maybe only as a webcast, though.

6. BlackOtaku

BlackOtaku Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think that Verizon will be announcing the iPhone this time... But debdroid is right. It doesn't matter whether it was true or not this time. WSJ has a philosophy that roughly comes down to:

They've done it for at least the past two years, I believe.

7. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    Yeah, if this whole thing was based only on the WSJ, I wouldn't give it much credence, but there is a lot more to it this time, including the direct attack from AT&T regarding Verizon handling the data speeds on the iPhone. That was rather telling.

8. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Ratings:
    +6
    Actually, czerdrill posted a new one in the other thread that's worth a read. The analyst in it is quoted as saying the iPhone is going to become the dominant phone on VZW's lineup, destroying every other phone in the lineup -- and that it's going to be a permanent thing.

All I'm saying is wishful thinking won't make it true. :) But that's not Apple bashing, that's just poking at the analyst.

9. Yakuzagang5

Yakuzagang5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If that was true, what the analyst said about the iphone permanently cannibalizing every other android phone, 1- verizons eouldnt be coming out with a bunch of new android phones, and 2- there would be not one android phone on AT&T right now. So that analyst is false completely lol

Although, I am still on the windows phone 7 announcement instead of the iPhone announcement bus. It's quite a small bus I might add lol

10. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12

Well not necessarily. Verizon is not purposely going to try to cannibalize it's own sales. The analyst was saying that regardless of the phone's that come out, the iPhone on verizon would end up cannibalizing sales just by the nature of its sales history. Not that Verizon is going to push one over the other.

And yes, the windows 7 bus must be pretty small haha...probably just you and the driver hahaa

11. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I know you can't but I've gotta ask. Please show me when WSJ has said with conviction "Verizon has landed the iPhone and it will be announced on so and so date" prior to this. Don't point me to rumors that say "Verizon may be getting an iPhone in the next quarter" or "Our sources say Apple may be working on a CDMA iPhone"...show me when they've said positively that Verizon has the iPhone and when it's going to be announced? They haven't, and they wouldn't unless they're sure. The fact that people still think that it's not going to happen tomorrow baffles me haha...if it doesn't happen tomorrow, I will most probably never trust any trusted news outlet ever again hahaa...a little dramatic yes, but I see a 0% chance that WSJ would repeatedly confirm that it's coming without being sure.

I'll wait for the link, that I know you will not find.

12. codythibeauuu

codythibeauuu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +2

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

13. BlackOtaku

BlackOtaku Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Calm down dude. You need to reread my post. Especially the bold. Now, I'm not interested in arguing specifics with you; I said that WSJ has written about these rumors time and time again, and that this is why as jkhonea said, I wouldn't take their word for gospel.

Now, find where I said the iPhone wasn't coming out on Verizon, or you felt I belittled you or whatever.

14. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    You alluded to the fact that WSJ says "We'll announce it's coming every quarter and we're bound to be right"...they never did that. You are making things up plain and simple. No news outlet has ever said before this that Verizon has the iPhone and it's going to be announced. News outlets have published rumors yes, and they've made it clear that these were rumors. You're implying that WSJ said at one point "It's coming tomorrow" and they were wrong and then rehashed it again the next day. They didn't. And they wouldn't.

You and debdroid are arguing that WSJ's report should be taken with a grain of salt because they've said Verizon has the iPhone before and they were wrong multiple times. No...they didn't. You can prove me wrong, by showing me when they said it, but like I said...you can't. Cuz it never happened.

Perhaps you should calm down...dude.

15. BlackOtaku

BlackOtaku Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for stepping in with good intentions, exposing myself to hostility and being angry. I'll just go now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.