Like it or not, we think the Verizon iPhone is coming

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by JohnDroid, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UltimateHobby

UltimateHobby New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Precisely.

Goal number one is making money. Whether it be by great marketing or beastly specs.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2011
  2. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Tomato, tomahto haha. No I know what you mean. true confirmation comes from apple or vzw of course but alot of outlets are reporting it as confirmed

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    You're proving my point. The only thing you can't do is change the kernel. The kernel determines the os version. When motorola stops supporting your phone, development dies and you are forced to upgrade. Why are you not seeing that?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. mag1knj

mag1knj New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hate iphones. It was said in here leave the iphones for the teenage girls and let the adults have the droids nuff said.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

5. Varking

Varking Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Act like an adult than and leave the sexist remarks off the forums. Nuff said.

6. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +4,355

I see you own a droid 1. Coming from the droid 1 I can tell you that the concerns about the droid 2 and droid x and development are misplaced. You do not NEED to touch the kernel to modify the os. Will it be eaiser and better for some devs yes. Cyanogen;s rom mod the kernel, devs build off of his work and cyanogen do not even do much modding for the droid anyway he prefers htc devices. So that concern is now irrelevant, the droid 2 is more than capable and will continue to see support and this is why, Google will continue to release the source code and the devs can build off of that. The other reason is because devs like p3 have already figured out a work-around for the locked bootloader. In fact motorola has supported their device more than samsung and htc. The droids got 2.2 before samsung and the htc incredible. And apple updates....well if you jail broke you can not install them any way buddy...i know because i kept asking my brother when he was gonna update his iphone and he said he wasnt cuz he was jail broken. I have the droid 2 and I honestly like it more than the droid 1 and I ran roms all the time on the droid1. The droid 1 needed roms because it was vanilla..... The droid 2 does it all for me especially with profiles...and you can modify everything you need on the fly with out roms. And if I want to change the look I can throw a theme on it.

7. Yakuzagang5

Yakuzagang5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Every hates on the apple cult here, but don't realize they themselves are becoming an android cult lol.

FACT the iPhone does a lot of things better than android.

FACT android does a lot of things better than the iPhone.

FACT it's a phone on a network that will let you choose which you want. Everyone stop hating on everyone and buy the phone you want.

8. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,461
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    I didn't have an inside guy on this : ) Im just chanting,praying, burning candles, fire dancing, facing mecca and meditating twice a day now for this to FINALLY be over : )

So I should add to the thread now. iPhone is a good device but I have no interest in it and what it can and can't do. Its just another touchscreen handset with a huge following. Is it "better" than Android devices? Not at all. Its simply an alternative. Its very trendy to own one and that cannot be denied.

Android and iOS , are in my opinion, on the same playing field. Jailbreaking and rooting arguments are a waste. The fanboys on both sides will never defer to the other. The whole Android vs iPhone thing is a study in wasted time and energy arguing over what's better. Truth is neither of them are.

The only advantage Apple has over Android is their fanboys. The Apple fanboys are second to none : ) their blindness and stupidity is epic. Im not saying anyone on this thread is an Apple fanboy. You know who the fanboys are and who im talking about.

So here's to hoping this whole useless debate can come to a halt and the iPhone announcement can come and everyone on this thread can move on with their iPhones and have great happiness. The back and forth is like a circus and has grown tiresome ( I know because I have to moderate these ridiculous threads lol)

I say we call a truce and let the iPhone fans have the thread to themselves and the Android fans leave them be. This thread would die in a day if that were the case : )

Just an idea....

.......anyway if the iPhone is released enjoy it guys. We will still be here if you ever decide that it really isn't working out like you thought it would. A lot of times you think you want something in the worst way and then actually get it and realize it wasn't what you thought it would be.

Good luck and enjoy your new toy......

Sent from my Droid

9. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    couldn't agree more.

10. Yakuzagang5

Yakuzagang5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You are quite misinformed here btw. There has been a cyanogenmod rom for droid since 5.0, many months ago. Coming from a droid 1 it's sad you didn't know that.

11. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +4,355
    So let me get this straight. Apple fans discuss how much better the iphone is and its all good. Android users try to correct some of the misinformation and we are hating....
    No hate here just tryna keep it real. I can care less what some one buys. It is your money make the decision what is best for you. But to justify your purchase by saying that motorola dont support their devices, and that the droid x do not have any development behind it is just false. If you have to put down android to justify your purchase of the iphone then are you really confident in your purchase of the iphone. The iphone is a good device and it do not need to be jailbroken or modified. The iphone was designed to be a simple smart phone that any one can pick up and use. The build everything around making things simple for the user to pick up on so they can spend more time using it and less time figuring it out. Some people dont want that...some of us want to tweak and learn and figure it out and that is why we choose android.

12. cpjr

cpjr Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    FACT 2 out of 3 dentists prefer Colgate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.