Light Tap to top of phone turns it off

comic0guy

Reaction score
Anyone had this issue. If i give the top of my phone a decent tap, its turns off. I pressumed this was due to the battery losing contact. Now, i tried another droid and didn't have the issue(a friend got it about 3 weeks ago).

To fix it, i put in a piece of paper from the bottom, to the top, essentially to wedge the battery a little bit(underneath the battery, to the bottom, to the battery facing out). I'm assuming this is related to earlier droids that had an issue with the battery door not holding tight. I may take it to a store at some point, to see if i can at least get a new battery door. I have a case, so would never really notice the battery door falling off.

Silver Member
Reaction score
i'm pretty hard on my phone and I haven't had this happen. there's a pad on the battery door that is designed to help keep the battery in place. it's possible this pad may not be sufficient in keeping your battery from moving. motorola issues an update to the battery door with a thicker pad. you can obtain them directly from them, for free.

OP
C

comic0guy

Reaction score
thanks, looks like online isn't a current option, can't find it, must have taken it off, probably will just go to a store at some point..............

luckily its not a major issue, just notice when it slid in my car and wasn't responding, realized the issue