Light Sensor Doesn't Work Right

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by srturner47, May 8, 2011.

1. srturner47

srturner47 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't seem to get the light sensor to work properly. When the phone wakes up, the sensor reading will often change, but then just stays at that value for a long time. If you wait about a minute all of a sudden the light sensor starts working again, and then it pauses again. The result is quite annoying as the phone is often way too dim to see outside.

I was with LGB1.52, then switched to CM7.0.2, then switched to LGB1.8. They all have the same behavior. It's easy to reproduce: Get Sensor List from the Android Market and look at the Light Sensor on it.

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? Seems like this is a common problem as I found this thread at Cyanogen's forum:

Display Brightness/Lockscreen/Drawer issues - CyanogenMod Forum

Although their suggested fix did nothing for me.

I love Gingerbread, and LGB1.8 is perfect on my OG Droid except for this. My phone is unusable when I am outside half the time. :(

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

2. chesterv

chesterv Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I see that time to time. I usually just manually adjust the setting from auto to a preset level in the widget dropdrown. :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

3. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know if this would have any help or not, but in liquid settings-general-automatic babacklight-enable light sensor filter & then experimenting with those tweaks would help or not, but it might be worth a shot if have not already tried so.

Search tags for this page
android light sensor fix
android light sensor not working
android light sensor settings
fix light sensor android

how to fix light sensor in android

htc thunderbolt light sensor

htc thunderbolt light sensor location

light sensor not working android

light sensor settings android
phone light sensor not working