liberty vs zombiestomped?

chefb

Reaction score
I just got cant make up my mind. So please. Chime in and help. How did you choose? What did you choose and why? Your responses are welcome. Thanks.

droidxchat

Reaction score
zombiestomped has all of the good new blur in it
liberty replaced the majority of the blur with AOSP

there are a few other differences between the roms but i think the biggest difference is the amount of blur, so you should choose based on that, do you prefer AOSP or do you prefer the new blur

mcp770

Reaction score
So far the absence of the liberty toolbox fully functional on gingerbread is a dealbreaker vs zombie. Aosp on Liberty is great and the rom manager makes upgrades painless but all in all it feels like .340 after install. Same old aosp crap w had on froyo with all the same issues and nothing new. Zombie at least "feels" like you have the newer blur features and all the same performance of liberty. Once liberty becomes full on gingerbread with full function toolbox it may overtake the other roms but right now it really feels like a gingerbread rom struggling to be froyo with no real purpose. I would go with zombie rom if I were you to gain a fully optimized gb rom that feels new. Although with that said roms run different on every phone so one rom may run better than another. For me I have run liberty, zs, apex, and stock deodexed and hands down the winner is Apex for speed and battery life but again it looks and feels exactly like aosp crap froyo. Just my opinion.

Zog

Reaction score
Apex feels really slow to me. Launcher2 has a lot of lag when flipping between home screens. Installing launcher pro caused my app drawer to stutter and lag when opened/closed. Websites load slower, apps were not as responsive. My phone felt bogged down. I disagree with you entirely.

Edit:
I'm at 21 hours at 30% with liberty, stock battery.

It's silly to believe blur > blurless.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

zwade01

Reaction score
Apex feels really slow to me. Launcher2 has a lot of lag when flipping between home screens. Installing launcher pro caused my app drawer to stutter and lag when opened/closed. Websites load slower, apps were not as responsive. My phone felt bogged down. I disagree with you entirely.

Edit:
I'm at 21 hours at 30% with liberty, stock battery.

It's silly to believe blur > blurless.

Wow, all phones must be different. I've used them all and Apex 2.0 is by far the best, fastest, and snappiest ROM I've ever ran.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

D

dankarlinski

I prefer the zombie over the other 2.

Liberty still has alot of issues to it, and apex was slow as crap...

ZS is the best GB based d2 rom in my opinion.