Liberty vs. rubiX vs. Gingerbread(rooted)

reuuin88

Reaction score
How does the battery life compare? That is the most important factor to me.

Battery life is actually better for me on GB rooted and deodexed than it was on liberty 1.5, but just by a SMIDGE. We're talking an hour on moderate to heavy use and 4-5 hours additional on light use.

If I were you I'd just go with GB for now, and sbf back to .340 and wait for public release of liberty 2.0 reviews to hit to see if it has massive enough improvements to trump GB for now. Until then, me personally I'm waiting for a blurless bloatless rom for GB soon.

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
Running drod2169's bolted rom
For the tbolt ATM :p ....rubix and DarkSlide 4.2 were the best IMO..liberty just didn't play well with my DX =\

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
You guys are starting to kill me here.....I just don't know what to do. I want to try the new Rooted GB leak but I am so nervous as I don't want to get stuck...but I am primarily interested in speed and battery life.

when you guys say "rooted GB leak" I am a little lost on why there is such an issue to flash back to a back up should you want to go back to Froyo....can someone explain.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Either way I am totally going to follow this thread as I want to know if I should flash over to the GB side or not. It is awfully new but I can't really talk as I am on Liberty 2.0 right now and it isn't even official. But I am comfy flashing Liberty as I can just flash another ROM if I don't like it....a simple wipe or 2 and I am on my way. But I hear it isn't that simple with GB.

jriv21

Reaction score
I've pretty much tried most of the ROMS out there with Apex and Liberty being the bee's knees and I liked Liberty just a tad bit more mainly because of the toolbox.

BUT...

I installed the Gingerbread leak, then GB Deodexed and I absolutely LOVE Gingerbread. I was immediately impressed with the speed and 'snappiness' of it and the look of it wasn't too bad. The good thing is now themes are starting to come out (Gingercomb is a very slick honeycomb theme). Battery performance was pretty good and now I'm running GB rooted, I'm under volting to get some pretty sweet battery life (using JRummy's OC)

So for me, I'm sticking w/ Gingerbread and unless some crazy stuff starts happening and crashing, I'm gonna be using it for a quite a while.

Last edited:

belanova

Reaction score
STUPID QUESTION!
gingerbread = feature of the X
roms = just roms

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
I've done so many rom's. My first one was FlyX (you newer to DX folks my have not even heard of that one...lol!). I was running rubiX for the past 4 versions or so of it. Then I just had to try Liberty. Didn't give Lib a full 24hrs. So I went back to rubiX. The speed and feel of rubiX Focused 2.0.1 was unmatched on my DX.

Then comes GB. I waited for the rooted version to drop and haven't gone back. Yes, I've achieved the highest Quadrant scores ever on this device and at less speed. GB overclocked to 1.35GHz LV I got a Quad of 2245. Even @ 1.45GHz (any volt level) i never got over a Quad of 2000 with rubiX. And GB feels just as smooth and responsive as my fav rom rubiX. Plus, like jriv21 stated above, Juicemane dropped Gingercomb with the old school CRT screen off effect on top of GB......sweet!

I'm certain I'll be staying on GB. Got my fingers crossed that DRod will drop a GB rubix for his last DX episode.

fathcarter

Reaction score
Guys I need help. Im on the gb leaked. But can't get a recovery to install the rooted gb. Boot strapped wont work cuz I don't have permission. Obviously I missed a step lol. How did u guys do it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

timelord

Reaction score
Yes you did miss a step. the leaked gb wasn't rooted. So you had to sbf back to stock .340, then flash the gb rooted version.

fathcarter

Reaction score
Lol thanks. Im not even a noon I knew it. I thot there was a apk root already

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
What timelord said. And there are two ways to get into CW recovery.

1) use the Droid 2 bootstrap OR
2) use the Droid X bootstrap but you MUST go to settings/applications/development and TURN OFF usb debugging.

fathcarter

Reaction score
Got it. Thanks fellas. I was on liberty 2.0. To many bugs right now. Lol I even donated. Gb is really nice. Can't wait for gb roms

al3x

Reaction score
But I hear it isn't that simple with GB.

I never rooted or knew how to flash .sbf before GB leaked. Got GB, then went through everything to get GB rooted. And after that finally got GB deodexed. Just follow the instructions. I went through without too much hassle.