1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Liberty vs. rubiX vs. Gingerbread(rooted)

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by KSF2600, Mar 30, 2011.

1. KSF2600

KSF2600 New Member

I am currently running rubiX 1.9.7 and love the ROM. I came to this forum to upgrade to the newest version of rubiX but can't decide between Liberty, rubiX or Gingerbread(rooted). Any suggestions?
  2. snoop5

snoop5 New Member

Personal preference but for me im currently running GB(rooted) and its great with all the new features and stuff but, i came from Rubix 2.0.1 and it was the best one so far liberty is ok but for me its Rubix hands down. He may do another rom for the dx but as of right now we dont know yet. dancedroid
  3. KSF2600

KSF2600 New Member

How does the battery life compare? That is the most important factor to me.
  4. vedwed

vedwed New Member

Liberty is a better rom hands down IMHO. Gingerbread rom = nice eye candy, but functionality of a rock trying to swim, I personally did not like rubiX, to me it feels unresponsive (and before you start about my phone being the problem, 1 its new, 2 no other rom has this feeling to me) I got frequent reboots even with no apps installed that would cause problems, just after fresh flash without installing any apps. Liberty will reboot on me a few times if I go from camera to gallery back to camera, but this seems to be the only time I have issues with it, and I dont use the camera much, so...
    I like the features that liberty offers, I havent seen these incorporated and WORKING well in anyone elses roms

But a question like the one you ask will get a lot of different responses because this is an opinion based "what do you like more" question. just because I like apples better than oranges does not mean an apple is better or more healthier than an orange, it just means I prefer apples to oranges.
  5. teknotronik

teknotronik New Member

Everyone here is missing out on ApeX. I must say out of all of the Roms, this one is super responsive! I hope Fabolous drops a GB-leak based version of ApeX that is zip-aligned and de-odexed. I hope the devs start tearing up the framework and can start theming this new leak!
  6. ctslaton

ctslaton New Member

I also loved apex. Sorry to see Fabolous move on, be nice if he came back for gingerbread.
  7. timelord

timelord New Member

I hightly doubt anything new will be comming from developers based off .340. GB is a stock rom, full blur and as fast as any AOSP rom. So imagine future roms based off gb.
    2.2.3 is the next step foward, .340 has been superseded. thats why your old .340 roms will be a dying breed.

I'm loving gb, I see no performance decrease from rubix focused. I for one won't be going back to any 340 custom roms.
  8. Jordan8

Jordan8 New Member

Drod said he wont be making another version :(

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  9. Jordan8

Jordan8 New Member

Have you actually tried gingerbread? The speed & smoothness of it blows the others completely out of the water IMO. I only got ~1400 on quadrant on various other froyo roms. Stock GB: Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter
  10. brewcrewwheels

brewcrewwheels New Member

moved on? he said on twitter there will be an apex for GB, but had no ETA
  11. Jordan8

Jordan8 New Member

Yeah I saw the same thing, maybe he had drod & him mixed up? Lol
  12. ctslaton

ctslaton New Member

There was an earlier tweet that fabolous left big red and got a different phone to play with. I may have assumed too much, I hope so because he has great roms.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  13. bicycleray

bicycleray New Member

Rubix to me was the fastest and most stable but not a lot of customization can be done and bluetooth controls don't work.
    *Drod went to the dark side and got a thunder bolt do no more X support.

Apex is amazing if you like the blur social parts and widgets.

Liberty. Hands down the most custom rom out there. Make your phone yours with Liberty but I found it to reboot every so often.

I myself is on Gingerbread and love because I flash do much it's nice to have something new! P3Droid had already added tranquilty tool box so gingerbread roms will take over.

I recommend Liberty as my favorite froyo rom but gingerbread is hands done the fastest

Sent from my DROIDX
  14. turdbogls

turdbogls New Member

i have run pretty much every Rom out there for the DX.
    started with gummy Jar 2.1, went to 2.5, tried liberty 1 and 1.5, then went to apex, tranquility, and rubix.

the best out of those IMO was the latest Apex 1.4.1. it was SOLID, never gave me FC's, never random rebooted, stable even with overclock, it was fast and just worked. not to mention i got through an entire day with over 30% battery left usually.

Liberty 1.5 was not that great for me. it was nice to have themes and such in the toolbox, but i usually DL the themes and stuff from here and flash them manually. then i stated to get random reboots, and i could just barely go a full day on a charge.

and now i am running Rooted GB, and i have to say it is amazing. it has only been out for a couple days and it is already leaps and bounds ahead of anything else i have run in terms of speed and stability. customization will be coming soon. themes are already starting to become available (although i really like stock GB theme for the most part)
    i LOVED apex 1.4.1, but there is no way i would go back to it if GB keeps running the way it is on my DX.
  15. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

Sorry mate, but Rubix was smooth as silk on my phone. I tried Liberty and Apex and never liked them. I am running the rooted/deodexed GB leak and though I like it and will probalby use it for a while, I miss some of the custom stuff from Rubix. It however is FAR superior than Froyo for the DX was. Froyo was rubbish from Verizon. I hope GB will get a Rubix treatment.
  16. reuuin88

reuuin88 New Member

Battery life is actually better for me on GB rooted and deodexed than it was on liberty 1.5, but just by a SMIDGE. We're talking an hour on moderate to heavy use and 4-5 hours additional on light use.

If I were you I'd just go with GB for now, and sbf back to .340 and wait for public release of liberty 2.0 reviews to hit to see if it has massive enough improvements to trump GB for now. Until then, me personally I'm waiting for a blurless bloatless rom for GB soon.
  17. iNfAMOUS702

iNfAMOUS702 New Member

Running drod2169's bolted rom
    For the tbolt ATM :p ....rubix and DarkSlide 4.2 were the best IMO..liberty just didn't play well with my DX =\

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  18. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

You guys are starting to kill me here.....I just don't know what to do. I want to try the new Rooted GB leak but I am so nervous as I don't want to get stuck...but I am primarily interested in speed and battery life.

when you guys say "rooted GB leak" I am a little lost on why there is such an issue to flash back to a back up should you want to go back to Froyo....can someone explain.
  19. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

Either way I am totally going to follow this thread as I want to know if I should flash over to the GB side or not. It is awfully new but I can't really talk as I am on Liberty 2.0 right now and it isn't even official. But I am comfy flashing Liberty as I can just flash another ROM if I don't like it....a simple wipe or 2 and I am on my way. But I hear it isn't that simple with GB.
  20. jriv21

jriv21 New Member

I've pretty much tried most of the ROMS out there with Apex and Liberty being the bee's knees and I liked Liberty just a tad bit more mainly because of the toolbox.

BUT...

I installed the Gingerbread leak, then GB Deodexed and I absolutely LOVE Gingerbread. I was immediately impressed with the speed and 'snappiness' of it and the look of it wasn't too bad. The good thing is now themes are starting to come out (Gingercomb is a very slick honeycomb theme). Battery performance was pretty good and now I'm running GB rooted, I'm under volting to get some pretty sweet battery life (using JRummy's OC)

So for me, I'm sticking w/ Gingerbread and unless some crazy stuff starts happening and crashing, I'm gonna be using it for a quite a while.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2011