Liberty vs Fission

miketoasty

Reaction score
In no way do I want any bashing to erupt as I love both ROMs but I really can't decide between the two and would just like to know everyones thoughts on the two ROMs.

trook

Reaction score
That's a hard one for me, they're both really good. I constantly switch roms when I get sick of my phone so I use both often.... liberty has the toolbox and is far more customizable. Fission has the rom manager with alot of addons. Fissions lockscreen music controls display the song and fission has visualizations when you play music. They're both fast, they both have built in overclocking. I reccomend trying everything for a week because they're both gonna have things you like and dislike. No rom is perfect to everybody.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I hate the contributionware on fission. That is enough reason for me to not flash fission again.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Throwing my hat in the ring for liberty. It's pretty easy to flash themes and add ons from the toolbox plus its been totally stable for me.

tappin and a talkin

OP
M

miketoasty

Reaction score
That's a hard one for me, they're both really good. I constantly switch roms when I get sick of my phone so I use both often.... liberty has the toolbox and is far more customizable. Fission has the rom manager with alot of addons. Fissions lockscreen music controls display the song and fission has visualizations when you play music. They're both fast, they both have built in overclocking. I reccomend trying everything for a week because they're both gonna have things you like and dislike. No rom is perfect to everybody.

That's the problem I have used both for long periods of time and I am just so stuck between the two its like chosing between children =P.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I used Liberty til my phone died last week. I've recently loaded Fission on my warranty replacement, and it's still good 'ole stable Fission. Who cares about donation to receive the latest release? If you don't want to donate, don't, and receive the latest release on FRM Lite.

I like Fission, stable, fast, and great support. Liberty does a little better as far as Quadrant scores, but it doesn't bother me much.

jdog94

Reaction score
i have used and liked both
prob like liberty best

but this week i am running the new apex and it is great

trook

Reaction score
Ya, I agree fission is tried and true, my phone has completely locked up on liberty, a couple times (it could have been something I did and not liberty that caused the lockups but it never happened before...), but I love them both, I rotate between fission, liberty, and rubix mainly but I recently threw apex and squidlys into the mix and those roms are good too. Like I said before, I like certain things about every rom, I refuse to choose just one. Sorry to the op, im not much help.

holmes6

Reaction score
This will probably come across as a bash, but I do not see much appeal to Liberty.

Terrible first experience, unstable overall, incomplete (oc doesn't work for example), toolbox not even close to release quality (crashes, fails). Given all the interest in it I expected it to work much much better.

Downside for Fission right now is that it development seems to have come to a complete standstill. I'm guessing eventually Liberty will get ironed out and surpass Fission since it has much more development interest.

OP
M

miketoasty

Reaction score
This will probably come across as a bash, but I do not see much appeal to Liberty.

Terrible first experience, unstable overall, incomplete (oc doesn't work for example), toolbox not even close to release quality (crashes, fails). Given all the interest in it I expected it to work much much better.

Downside for Fission right now is that it development seems to have come to a complete standstill. I'm guessing eventually Liberty will get ironed out and surpass Fission since it has much more development interest.

I never really noticed any side effects to liberty. But then again everyones phone is different.

And the Fission development is pretty far ahead on the D2, according to Ang's twitter they are trying to catch up on the X's and M2's ROMs.

trook

Reaction score

That sucks, im sorry your liberty experience was like that. Im running fission right now but ill switch back to liberty when I get sick of it. If you have some free time and some more patience you should give liberty another shot, when the toolbox is functioning its a very impressive thing. Plus, on my phone liberty and fission are about the same as far as speed and smoothness go. Don't write off an entire rom due to 1 bad experience, I remember fission 1.2 was pretty bad for me, but now its fine....

drinksprite

Reaction score
Ive tried both, currently on fission right now cuz liberty 1.0 kept turning my phone off and on for no reason. Havent tried 1.5 yet, but imo liberty is too extravagant for me. I like things simple, and neat. "Less is more"

mardoon

Reaction score
I have use both rom's. People nothing is free. I understand we are in hard times but you should give a few dollar's because they both need beer! I personily like Librerty 1.5 for theme's. Both are good rom's tho. :)
Mardoon

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does Liberty 1.5 support running the Blur Email app? That's the one thing that I miss from Blur (well that, and a working delay timer on the PIN lock feature - in Fission you can set the timer but it has no effect).