Liberty v1.0 wifi

PhishPhan

Reaction score
I have done extensive testing with several routers and it seems that it is really a hardware compatability with the X and some wifi cards/routers.

I tested with Netgear, d-link, Cisco (enterprize AP) and Linksys (pre-cisco)
Initially I set every router to the same ssid, security level and radio.
With the Cisco and Netgear, no matter what the settings were, I had the same connectivity issues.

The d-link bricked on me.

The Linksys routers screamed, no issues whatsoever.

I tried ww-drt on them all as well with the same results.

I'm convinced that there is a.comparability issue with the broadcom cards installed in these routers.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kdkinc

Reaction score
I had a similar WiFi issue last week as the OP did.
In my situation I called Cisco they had me create a new address for my Wifi in the router and change the frequency.

The real issue was some how a MAC address had been activated. I had to disable the Mac address feature in the router setting using the router software.

jcutter347

Reaction score
WiFi troubles

I had the same problem. All I did was go into phone settings and choose to forget my network connection and start over like it was the first time hooking up to the network. I'm not saying this will fix it. I'm just saying it worked for MY phone. I have noticed every phone can work different even when using the same components.

PhishPhan

Reaction score
@ kdkinc - do you mean IP reservations or MAC filtering?

@ sweettreat - what brand are you using?

@ Jcutter 347 - I wish it were that easy this time around!

kdkinc

Reaction score
@ kdkinc - do you mean IP reservations or MAC filtering?

@ sweettreat - what brand are you using?

@ Jcutter 347 - I wish it were that easy this time around!

I believe it was ...can't look now ,I'm not on Windows at the moment .

OP
I

inkdaddy66

Reaction score
I understand changing security types but wifi works On my wife's phone and we're under the same roof. On the same wireless network.

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

PhishPhan

Reaction score
Well, I do know that i had a wifi card go bad on one phone, maybe that's the case in your situation?

I can connect at home, just never get over 5 up or down on a speedtest.net, yet internally i'm locked in at 65M

What are you using for a router BTW?

OP
I

inkdaddy66

Reaction score
Let me find out and I'll report back. THis is my 2nd X. I've had it about 2-3 weeks. The other one had the same problem. But it was only after I flashed Liberty. Another funny thing... my wife and I are BOTH running Liberty1.5. Her wifi is good mine isn't. So it can't be ROM specific

Ok router is one suppplied by at&t. Not sure of the exact brand. I'm not at home right now
DXmeatclaws via talkatap

PhishPhan

Reaction score
Well, for me I've confirmed the issue and fixed it.
Sadly it IS an incompatability with Netgear and some Linksys. Got a DLink and I'm now pegging on average 20 down and 7 up.

I'm actually miffed. I like netgear and have a large network invested. Oh well, one dlink for the phone is no biggie