Liberty v Justice - jrummy roms

Kasey923

Reaction score
This is not one of those "which rom is best" threads, I've read those and absorbed their message. My question is a little more in depth.
Backstory: got my DX in February, rooted and flashed Liberty in April. Stock with Liberty through v0.7, when Justice came out. Switched to that since it's a Cm7 "twin" and everyone raves about Cyan.

Question: now I'm reading that Liberty 3 is totally awesome, but before I just flash again (I HATE setting up all my apps again) has anyone tried both and can make a recommendation? I liked Liberty the first time, and I like Justice, but I'm looking for a rom I really LOVE, you know?

Anyway, thanks in advance

Sterling - -Justice rommed DX

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have tried all 3. I like Liberty 3 better than Liberty GB and Justice. Justice had the worst battery life.

Liberty 3 is basically AOSP but with just enough Blur to allow for Blur apk's to install and have HDMI working. Battery is great, 1% battery increments, pull down bar toggle Widgets like Justice and more.

CM7 is what Justice is based off of and its now on the GB kernel with tons of improvements. If you like Justice and want the fixes, upgrade to GB and install Revnumbers CM7

Boot Manager

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
A little off topic but if you grab Titanium backup. You can backup your apps/settings and just restore them after you re-ROM. Makes life a lot easier when you're searching for a new ROM or changing to a new phone. Personally I love Liberty. The customizer (is back) and just the sheer speed blow me away every time I think of how slow stock was. If you liked Liberty v7 then Liberty 3 should be a definite improvement.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Titanium Backup is awesome. I liked it so much that I bought the pro version and now I love it even more. The pro version allows you to do a batch restore of everything and it does it all for you

Boot Manager

jasadell

Reaction score
This is not one of those "which rom is best" threads, I've read those and absorbed their message. My question is a little more in depth.
Backstory: got my DX in February, rooted and flashed Liberty in April. Stock with Liberty through v0.7, when Justice came out. Switched to that since it's a Cm7 "twin" and everyone raves about Cyan.

Question: now I'm reading that Liberty 3 is totally awesome, but before I just flash again (I HATE setting up all my apps again) has anyone tried both and can make a recommendation? I liked Liberty the first time, and I like Justice, but I'm looking for a rom I really LOVE, you know?

Anyway, thanks in advance

Sterling - -Justice rommed DX

I posted the same question at about the same time (which I will now delete), so I guess I'll chime in with my experience. I have had Liberty up to 2.1, Liberty GB up to 0.9, Justice 0.1, Liberty 3 RC v 1.1, then Liberty 3 v 1.0. The ones I liked the most were Liberty 2.1 and Liberty 3 v1.0 I'm currently on the latter.

I know using Quadrant is not an accurate measurement of performance, but just for comparison, Justice had the fastest benchmarks, but GPS would not work for me, which was a show-stopper. Liberty 3 v1.0 is the most smooth, stable and consistent. I will be very reluctant to try any other ROM henceforth besides subsequent releases of Liberty.

JD

Last edited:

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
I 3rd the titanium backup. Make sure u back up the apps u downloaded. Google apps get replaced.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is a flashable zip file that fixes the GPS for Justice. Also, Justice had less battery life and lower quadrant scores for me than CM7

Boot Manager

OP
Kasey923

Kasey923

Reaction score
So far, 2 days on Liberty 3 has been great.
I already have Titanium Backup, it's also awesome. I haven't tried the paid version. It's odd, we pay so much for these phones and then fret over a 2 dollar app.
Back on track, I think I've figured out that some of my problems on Justice were related to changing the lcd density. But as I said, I'm loving Liberty 3.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

kalypso

Reaction score
Liberty is great but I can't get the market to work no matter what I do.

I might leave soon and try something new. Juice defender has helped me a lot battery wise as long a rom is fast JD will help me battery wise.