Liberty v. 8 is up

J

JriderG

And I just got on the forum lol. Weird.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

salem

Reaction score
I'm currently on .7 w/ shadowstorm theme. Can I flash .8 on top of it?

Or, should I restore the .7 backup I made prior to flashing shadowstorm, then flash .8?

reznorfan0

Reaction score
Once some themes become available I will finally get off of .5. Haven't wanted to update because of the lack of themes on .6 and .7, but can't stay behind forever.

Somebody please put together a good Honeycomb theme....

muddychief

Reaction score
how to install without a factory reset?

I have the toolbox from the market and I have been installing the nightlies since 0.3, but there must be a way to install the nightlies w/o having to do a factory reset and install all my apps again!

the method I have been using is this: I watch the nightly section of the toolbox, I notice a new version, I download it, the program asks me if I want to install, I click yes, then I select backup current rom and do not select the wipe data. when my phone reboots, I unlock the phone and instantly get a unending loop of F/C's

What is the proper way to update the rom and have your apps in place and working?

Thanks.

kilahimm

Reaction score
I have the toolbox from the market and I have been installing the nightlies since 0.3, but there must be a way to install the nightlies w/o having to do a factory reset and install all my apps again!

the method I have been using is this: I watch the nightly section of the toolbox, I notice a new version, I download it, the program asks me if I want to install, I click yes, then I select backup current rom and do not select the wipe data. when my phone reboots, I unlock the phone and instantly get a unending loop of F/C's

What is the proper way to update the rom and have your apps in place and working?

Thanks.

You can use Titanium Backup as one way to backup/restore your apps. With v0.8 in particular the Liberty Dev Team has been saying for several days now that data wipe is pretty much required for the newest version. Best bet is to wipe data/cache/dalvic-cache and reinstall.

Reaction score
I'm currently on .7 w/ shadowstorm theme. Can I flash .8 on top of it?

Or, should I restore the .7 backup I made prior to flashing shadowstorm, then flash .8?

You have to do a data wipe/factory reset when you install 0.8 or lots and lots of things will break.

Rezael

Reaction score
becareful when using the customizer it put me into a boot loop.

ryano2121

Reaction score
Customizer not working for me either. It downloads the files and says it is setting up files, but then doesn't do anything else.

randroidran

Reaction score
Customizer put me into boot loop also, I chose the blur home, maybe thats what did it.

Dream

Reaction score
You guys need to delete the old customizer zip before you download the new one, and make sure you wipe data before you install v0.8.

kvnhmmd

Reaction score
You guys need to delete the old customizer zip before you download the new one, and make sure you wipe data before you install v0.8.

Customizer worked fine for me without deleting the old one. Maybe it's an option you guys are selecting?