Liberty Toolbox [Official Thread]

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok...here is a suggestion. In the icon picker section I would really like to be able to switch my notification bar icons....for instance I am back on gb blue theme but miss the watermark icon for signal and such. Any chance of that?

Sent from a Liberated Droid 2 using the DF app.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey dirty....what OC app are you using?

Thanks for the tip. I am heading in there now to do this.

I use quick clock to generate my custom settings and then import those into Droid x overclock so I can use the widget.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

How do you import them in DX overclock....

Nmayar

Reaction score
Hey dirty....what OC app are you using?

Thanks for the tip. I am heading in there now to do this.

I use quick clock to generate my custom settings and then import those into Droid x overclock so I can use the widget.

How do you import them in DX overclock....

Push the menu button with over clocker open and profiles import.

Sent from my Liberated DroidX

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok here is where I get lost....I don't want to sidetrack this thread but I don't want to lose you either.

SO....if I use Quickclock to calibrate and create profiles....then import them into DOC (you like that acronym?) how do I keep from both of them trying to control my CPU? I liked DOC for the widget and profiles....

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
ok here is where I get lost....I don't want to sidetrack this thread but I don't want to lose you either.

SO....if I use Quickclock to calibrate and create profiles....then import them into DOC (you like that acronym?) how do I keep from both of them trying to control my CPU? I liked DOC for the widget and profiles....

I posted directions in another thread on how to do that, just give me a minute and ill find it

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am interested. I like quickclock and have been having excellent results with the battery. I did get the profiles exported and imported but now in DOC when I am setting profiles I can't get 500 as an option.

Either way I am waiting to see whatcha got. You just might have my fix.

swagmonster

Reaction score
You need to go to advanced. Setup and set up your own mhz and vsels

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
This thread explains how to import profiles:http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-general-discussions/120189-overclock-widget.html
@nerdslogic, The profiles in DX Overclock are not really needed when using the app, but you can use them if you like. Just make sure you have the frequency scaling set at your lowest setting for min and whatever you have it overclocked to for the max. When your phone is running most of the time it will be operating at the min frequency (such as when your screen is off) and the processer will only use more power when it is needed. If you use root explorer you can see how long the processer has been at each frequency and the most should be the minimum you have set.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok....so all you do is run QC to get ranges...then set DOC to the max that QC says is good?

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
ok....so all you do is run QC to get ranges...then set DOC to the max that QC says is good?

You can use any of the profiles that you have exported to DX overclock, personally I prefer balanced and sometimes also use a custom profile with my own set frequencys

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
Here is how you can view the time in state with root explorer to see your frequency stats: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state. I use none of the profiles and as you can see my processor stays at the lowest clock frequency most of the time and barely uses the middle ones.
View attachment 27440

mikex

Reaction score
What about the VZW navigation app? Is this something that can be added back somehow? I've seen where other roms don't have GPS support, is this going to be my dealbreaker?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

why would you want to pay for vzw navigation when google maps is free?