Liberty Toolbox [Official Thread]

vitam1ne

Reaction score
I love this app, can we add the liberty yellow fist boot logo to the toolbox. I changed it and now i can't get it back?

Last edited:

JerseyFrankU

Reaction score
seeking Pro(gramer)

You'll find lots of people happy to help you out.

I'd settle for 1 good one, friend:)-
Really would like to cut the bloat - at least - saw a list somewhere around that named all the possible/desireable to delete stuff - even if i stumble upon it quickly - I'm still concerned i'd miss something - mess it up - someonw willing to spend a little time would be a great blessing - cuz - otherwise - think ill spend my whole weekend phoneless/sleepless trin on my own... I have pre-emptively downloaded RSDLite and drivers and such - tho i have no idea what to do w/ them - :)
Had found my way around CWM pretty well for a noob - hav been able to flash kernels/roms - even 'debug' a bit -saving files from SD to puter and picking and choosing things to install - sooo many results/opinions out there on the nec. steps - the quick methods being touted by some and panned by others - if i could find a willing, experiencd pro to hold my hand a litle - skype?/chat??

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I talk to 2 to 3 people a day from these forums, so I'd be happy to help you out as best I can. PM me and I'll send you my number. Not sure what you're trying to do, but if it has to do with roms or themes, sbf.. then i got you.

Droid 2 APEX RC2 (GB)

Mace Windu

Reaction score
Recently sbf'd back to group then flashed to tbh. 596. When I attempt to flash .7 or. 8 I get a message that E: cannot installed file (bad). I download the files from the liberty toolbox. Wiped data and cache. Installation aborts everytime. Let me know your thoughts. Appreciate the help!

PRETILL

Reaction score
Quick question Is Liberty v.08 stable or is there still alot of bugs?

Mace Windu

Reaction score
-unable to install Liberty ROM detail-'
-- Installing: SDCARD:/Liberty/Nightlies/lgb-DX-v0.8.zip
Finding update package...
I:Update location: SDCARD:/Liberty/Nightlies/lgb-DX-v0.8.zip
Opening update package...
I:Update file path: /sdcard/Liberty/Nightlies/lgb-DX-v0.8.zip
minzip: Could not find end-of-central-directory in Zip
E:Can't open /sdcard/Liberty/Nightlies/lgb-DX-v0.8.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.
Failure at line 7:
install_zip SDCARD:/Liberty/Nightlies/lgb-DX-v0.8.zip

Dullawolf

Reaction score
Couple questions. Hopefully someone can help me. 1) is anyone having overheating and battery problems while on v0.8. i have been doing fine for a while, now all of a sudden if i am using my phone doing anything, the temp shoots up to over 100. usually stays between 100 and 110. Now that it is heating up quicker, the battery seems to be draining quicker.

and 2) i changed the battery icon through the tool box and i want the original one back, anyone know how i can get that back?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use a lower voltage to lower the heat. Do this with either quickclock advanced and/or droid overclock.
To get the icon back, just flash liberty on top of itself (no wipe). It will put everything back to the way it was

Droid 2 APEX -The fastest ROM out there.

Dullawolf

Reaction score
Use a lower voltage to lower the heat. Do this with either quickclock advanced and/or droid overclock.
To get the icon back, just flash liberty on top of itself (no wipe). It will put everything back to the way it was

I am using Droid overclock right meow. I have my voltage set at low and the processor set at 1.25. Maybe I will have to set it to ulv again.

If I reflash v0.8 it won't remove how I have my home screens set up will it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope, it will put the framework, the animations and the default settings back but it won't mess with your apps or data or home screen

Dullawolf

Reaction score
Nope, it will put the framework, the animations and the default settings back but it won't mess with your apps or data or home screen

It set me back to the launcher pro home when I had adw as my home. So I switched over to adw and lost everything from my home. Which is fine. Took me about 2 minutes to get everything put back in order. Doesn't seem to over heat as much either. But that is probably cause I have the case off of it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Detonation

Reaction score
Is there anyway to restore the Blur Multimedia Dock (or any Multimedia Dock for that matter on .8) with Liberty Toolbox/Customizer? I don't have the donate version of the toolbox so I can't edit all options, but I looked in the customizer zip and the Dock isn't in there anyways.

Edit: Maybe I was blind before, but I guess the Multimedia Dock is actually included in the ROM. Originally, nothing happened when I put my phone in the dock, but after a reinstall, I get the Dock now. I'm also using Go Launcher instead of Launcher2, not sure if that would affect it though. Either way, I'm happy now!

Last edited:

frankrizzo0129

Reaction score
So have Liberty v0.8 running with the gingercomb theme on top. I am having issues with placing certain app icons from the all app listing onto any of my home screens (know not using proper terms, but hopefully you know what I mean). When I hold down the app icon, it switches over to my home screens and when I let go - the app just slides right off the screen and disappears. Any ideas?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which launcher are you using? Don't use the blur home from the customizer. It wont work well

Droid 2 zombiestomped v1.71