Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
I installed .6 this way:

originally on 2.0.1, flashed LGB .1, then LGB .6. My "System version" says 4.5.596.

Am I good to go on updating straight to .7 or did I do this wrong?

What does your baseband say? If it doesn't say .12P at the end, than you should really get that updated to be most current.

ewinoh11

Reaction score
Says 12p so I assume I'm in the clear.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

rearview

Reaction score
Im running lib 2.0.1 on my droid x.. i have the donated version of lib tool box.. everytime i click spare parts it FC's the the tool box.. any fix on this?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure about a fix. Can you access spare parts by getting to liberty settings outside the toolbox (menu/settings/liberty settings)? Also 2.0.1 is no longer supported unfortunately. I just made the jump to liberty gb (which is supported). You will not be disappointed! It is really a night and day difference.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

rearview

Reaction score
I don't have gb.. can I run. 07 with froyo 2.3.3?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

tstahovi

Reaction score
Anyone having problems with the pull down bar editor? Cause I can't seem to get mine to change anymore.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't have gb.. can I run. 07 with froyo 2.3.3?

2.3.3 is gb. If you're on liberty 2.0.1, you're on froyo, 2.2.1. If you would like to get on liberty gb, you'll need to flash the gb leak which you can find all over the forums, then if you have the donate toolbox, you can dl and flash liberty gb. Worth it

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

seerjda

Reaction score
On 0.6. New to Liberty coming from Rubix. Both are great, but I'm highly impressed with Liberty thus far.

I find that I can't change the icon for google voice. No issues setting my other application icons (that I've noticed, at any rate), but this one is obvious for me because it sits on my home screen. It goes through the loading popup when I tell it to use the Liberty icon for GV, but there's no change; reboot has no effect. Anyone have any thoughts? Already tried uninstalling/rebooting/reinstalling the toolbox, but no dice there either.

rearview

Reaction score
I tried accessing spare parts through the regular settings menu and it fc's as well..

rearview

Reaction score
yes its 2.2.1.. don't know if why i said 2.3.3.. where can I get gb?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/03/29/how-to-root-gingerbread-on-droid-2/

Dl this file, go into cw and wipe data. Mount system and data (i do it just in case, but it's not usually necessary), install zip from sd. You will be on gb. Then dl liberty toolbox and dl the newest nightly and do a wipe in cw before flashing. Good to go!
Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

pumas45

Reaction score
I updated Liberty Toolbox since I'm in Stock GB and was in .5 gb. When I try to download .7, I get an error saying "Permission Denied" with a warning sign. I uninstalled the app and redownload it and still. Went to Tweaks and "Fix Permissions", restarted my droid x and still. What can I do to fix this or can I get a link to dl .7 since I really want to test it out and compare it to my stock gb (rooted).

Thanks.

Owenbeals

Reaction score
Ok im on the deodexed .596 gb... I havent been on liberty for a while, I opened my donate box a message pops up that says I need to update my rom to 2.0.1, I skip through that message then go into nightlies and all that is there is "update this app" so I clicked it, it downloaded a file then pops up the "do u want to backup/ wile data" message I choose neither go through to install it says it will proceed to clockwork, then it just reboots the phone?? What should I do?

Jubakuba

Reaction score
If you try to add accounts more than once...even different accounts than the ones you currently have selected...it breaks blur Facebook.

Also, YouTube refuses to add.

Edit: Whoops, this was meant for Liberty Customizer.

Last edited:

rearview

Reaction score

How to: Get Rooted Gingerbread on DROID 2 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Dl this file, go into cw and wipe data. Mount system and data (i do it just in case, but it's not usually necessary), install zip from sd. You will be on gb. Then dl liberty toolbox and dl the newest nightly and do a wipe in cw before flashing. Good to go!
Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

I upgraded to GB.. flashed Lib 0.7 and it knocked out my 3G.. needless to say I had to wipe and go back to GB... I was enjoying myself on Lib 2.0.1.. I should have kept it that way..