Liberty to CM7

superpopmonk

Reaction score
I am currently on Liberty nightlie .8 and I really want to try the cyanogen that came out for D2. However, rsd lite wont recognize my phone to sbf. I go to work in a few hours and I was really hoping someone could help me. Thanks in advance.

cobjones

Reaction score
Have you sbf'ed before?

When you restart make sure you boot into your bootloader screen.
Make sure you have the most current motor drivers (when regularly plugged in to the computer you will have a motor icon in your system try in the bottom right of your computer).

Google is your friend.
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
S

superpopmonk

Reaction score
I have sbfed before and I have no idea what's different. When I get back home im going to delete all the old sbf files I have(cause I downloaded a couple for my girlfriends dx) and delete rsd and my drivers and start from scratch. However, I really don't think im doing anything different

OP
S

superpopmonk

Reaction score
Okay... I re-downloaded everything and it "seems" to be recognizing my phone but the start button on rsd is grayed out and I have no idea why. Any suggestions?

Jelleephish

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. All it sees is a USB device but it doesn't say A955 or anything. Can I sbf with it just seeing that and not specifically listing anything? IT says connected but doesn't tell me anymore information...I have reloaded rebooted and everything....should I flash zombiestomped and try again???

OP
S

superpopmonk

Reaction score
Im using 4.8... and it refuses to let me click start. Its pretty frustrating.

Jelleephish

Reaction score
Well I either got lucky or I was reading it wrong. With bootloader 2.37 it never did register as an A955 Droid under port 1 etc... It only said USB, S Flash and connected....but I was able to sbf anyway.

Pop - have you selected the SBF file? It will not allow you to click start until you click the button with the dots on it next to the browse bar at the top and select the appropriate sbf file. Then it allowed me to go through with it....everything worked out okay - but I was up until 4 am and then got a couple hours of sleep and been messing with it the rest of the time and FINALLY got something from it - very very annoying but hang in there man!

I even tried switching to Apex 2.0 RC before sbf'ng because I thought it was Liberty GB 0.8 - I never did get it to give me a USB Debugging icon in the notification bar though - that was my main problem. Debugging was enabled but I could not get it to register through my phone....keep posting your issues and maybe someone in here will see something familiar and be able to help you make it through...I know what you are going through!!!!

OP
S

superpopmonk

Reaction score
Yeah... I selected the sbf file. It was in the bar to use it and all that... but it still wont go through. The start button is grayed out and all I can do is look helplessly as it stares back at me.

louy99

Reaction score
Yeah... I selected the sbf file. It was in the bar to use it and all that... but it still wont go through. The start button is grayed out and all I can do is look helplessly as it stares back at me.

Try a different download. If its not a complete download, it wont let you sbf.

OP
S

superpopmonk

Reaction score
Yeah... I forgot I purchased the team black hat app when it was in the market. I redownloaded it and now im back to stock. It was super easy and awesome... now I just have to figure out if I can install cyanogen directly to my phone.