Liberty ROM Manager/Toolbox

lando0077

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else has attempted to use Liberty's ROM toolbox with D3, other than myself.

I like liberty for my DX, and once root was made available for the D3 I decided to see what, if anything, I could change using the toolbox. I was quite surprised when I was able to change the LCD Density, Fonts, Ad Block and Battery Indicator...etc.
Between standard marketplace launchers and Liberty's ROM manager I think I have the best of both of my favorite setups without having to wonder about underlying issues with custom written ROMs(Im not blasting Dev's!!). Most of Blur is not all that bad, and once the bloat is removed/frozen(TiBu) the phone is much more pleasant to maneuver around.
Its obvious I cant install any of Liberty's ROM themes or Overclock, but to be honest, I would only overclock just to see what it can do. I may keep it at a moderate OC after that, if any OC at all.

View attachment 41416View attachment 41417

Johnnyb

Reaction score
I did install it and try to change the font, I was unsuccessful. Everytime I tried to change a font with the Tool Box I got stuck at the DualCore splash screen and it would never boot. I installed JRummy's Root Tools and was able to change much of these items, but there are fewer options.

I'm glad ROM Toolbox worked for you (are you using the free or "Pro" version)...I sure wish it would've worked for me. I may have to re-investigate.

scott240

Reaction score
I just installed the pro version and it worked for me. I changed the font and restarted my phone and everything is goodto go.

OP
L

lando0077

Reaction score
I have installed droid x and droid 3 bootstrap recovery, both paid apps; titanium backup paid app; and the pro version of liberty rom toolbox. I'm not sure if both bootstraps matter, but they dont hurt anything either.

scott240

Reaction score
Well I have to change my first post. I went to change the battery icon and restarted my phone and when it got to the home screen my phone got hammered with force closes. At least 12 of them. I was able to read a couple, usb force close, market, framework, I just loaded one of my backups and I will not be using liberty rom.

OP
L

lando0077

Reaction score
Scott, I'm not a Droid guru and cant really explain why liberty is or isn't working for you. I can however say with all certainty that I have had this setup since the first few days root was made available and have not had any FC issues.

Liberty requires the DX Bootstrap and I have it and D3 Bootstrap installed together. Again, I cant say for sure that this is why the toolbox isn't working for you, but maybe you could try koushs DX Bootstrap if you haven't already.

OP
L

lando0077

Reaction score
Scott, I'm not a Droid guru and cant really explain why liberty is or isn't working for you. I can however say with all certainty that I have had this setup since the first few days root was made available and have not had any FC issues. Liberty requires the DX Bootstrap and I have it and D3 Bootstrap installed together. Again, I cant say for sure that this is why the toolbox is or isn't working for you, but maybe you could try koushs DX Bootstrap if you haven't already.