Liberty ROM and Droid 2 Global

Kimo91

Reaction score
I'm wanting to put Liberty on my brand new Droid 2 global and I need help/assistance. What are the proper steps for me to get it on my phone without bricking my phone. I loved Liberty on my old Droid 2 and want to rock it on my new phone. Thanks in advance

If its not Boeing, I'm not going! Team Boeing ROCKS!!!

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Bootstrap recovery
Wipe data/cache
Flash Liberty 2.0.1
Flash Team GRD Romer v7
reboot
Put the fix from pg8 "Liberty 2.0 works with Romer v7" thread on your sd card in the Liberty folder

Masamichi7

Reaction score
Angel is pretty much completely right,
But just for safetys sake, I always make sure to be on a completely clean stock Motoblur ROM first, wipe data again, and then follow the steps above.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
No reason to make sure your on stock to be honest. The Liberty updater script wipes the entire system except for data and cache (hence wiping those before install).

OP
Kimo91

Kimo91

Reaction score
OK cool thanks guys, as soon as I get off work today I'll take a crack at it

If its not Boeing, I'm not going! Team Boeing ROCKS!!!

clem11388

Reaction score
This sounds like the exact thread I need because when I installed Liberty 2.0 on my Droid 2 Global it worked well but with some issues.

1. Its was essentially stuck on airplane mode and would connect to the Verizon network at all.

2. The music played fine. But NONE of my videos played. None of these ones I've recorded with this phone or movies I have converted to mp4.

3. The camera app was slow and when switched to video recorder it froze.

Would doing the GRD ROMer thing fix these issues?

I love all things Open Source, Free, and Linux based. In that order.

p.s. used the droidforms app to send this.

CRONx1503

Reaction score
instructions to flash liberty 2.0.1

to install liberty-

- boot into clockwork
- backup and restore > backup
- wipe data
- wipe cache

then-

install zip from sd card > choose zip from sd card

locate the Liberty ROM you saved to your phone.

install the ROM

then install the GRD ROMer v7 you downloaded...

and reboot system... everything is pretty simple to figure out after that....

(fyi- one problem i had was losing 3G for some reason.... it would work for a bit then stop altogether... no market no browser... i was actually lookin for the answer to my problem when i saw your post...)

i wouldnt let what happened with my install discourage though... in all fairness it was probably something stupid i did... it seems to stop working after i install the liberty toolbox or power my phone off... we'll see...

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
(fyi- one problem i had was losing 3G for some reason.... it would work for a bit then stop altogether... no market no browser... i was actually lookin for the answer to my problem when i saw your post...)

That was an update that jrummy pushed out because of something he did. It changed the build.prop (which is needed to get service) to the d2 version. Theres a fix on pg8 of the "Liberty 2.0 works with Romer v7" thread.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Would doing the GRD ROMer thing fix these issues?
Your profile says you have a D2. Is that correct? If so, no do not flash the romer tool. It is for the D2G only. Dont give up. Hundreds of people use the rom with few problems so if you have all these problems, something didnt quite go as planed. Start over and try again. If you can still access clockwork you could just download a fresh zip and put it on your SD card and try flashing it again after you do a wipe. I promise you will thank yourself for not giving up so easy!

then install the GRD ROMer v7 you downloaded...

and reboot system... everything is pretty simple to figure out after that....

i wouldnt let what happened with my install discourage though... in all fairness it was probably something stupid i did... it seems to stop working after i install the liberty toolbox or power my phone off... we'll see...

He only needs the romer if he is on the D2G, his profile says he is not.

Now I do agree, users shouldn't let one bad experience flashing a rom scare them off. In most cases it can be attributed to some minor detail that was neglected, or possibly even a corrupt zip(although Clockwork should catch this problem if memory serves me right).

el_ote

Reaction score
I was getting multiple force close errors and repeated reboots with the 2.01 LB on wifes D2G. Wonder if the pg8 fix would also help clear that up? Didn't realize the Droidforum app and website had different page numbers... lol duh

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Oats

Reaction score
Bootstrap recovery
Wipe data/cache
Flash Liberty 2.0.1
Flash Team GRD Romer v7
reboot
Put the fix from pg8 "Liberty 2.0 works with Romer v7" thread on your sd card in the Liberty folder

I apreciate these instructions but I am confused. Do I need to replace the liberty folder with the Liberty Folder that I downloaded from pg8. Or do I put the new liberty folder inside the old liberty folder. Thank you.

Oats

Reaction score
Anybody? Sorry these instructions seem vague.

el_ote

Reaction score
Anybody? Sorry these instructions seem vague.

What I did was run thru the process once without pg8 file. Then replaced with what I got from pg8. And reinstalled from scratch. There is a check mentioned in the thread somewhere. I believe it has to do with file size. Worked on wifes d2g. I had been having problems until I went with this route... just read. All the info is here, just split between diff threads. Good luck!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last Reality

Reaction score
Sorry for butting in, but is there any way to get the new Liberty GingerBread on a D2G? It says you need the Gingerbread leak already on your phone, and I thought there wasn't a leak for the D2G, so you can't update, right?