Liberty issue

mymkllr

Reaction score
This may sound stupid, but I was having the same issue (only on 1.5 and only with toolbox 1.1.2) and all I did was take auto brightness off the display and so far it's worked. Of course now that I say this, it's probably in the middle of crashing now. Anyway, try it and see if that helps.

rdoane

Reaction score
1. Gingerbread Theme.

2. No mods.

3. I was turning the phone on and off to play Words with Friends. Also, I had the lock screen disabled using power control plus.

Just switched to 50mb free memory in Liberty settings. I will update the post if I get another frozen screen.

mymkllr

Reaction score
Never mind. It crashed. At least it lasted longer this time.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Valvoline

Reaction score
1. Theme installed
>>>>stock
2. Mods installed (no clock, data throttle)
>>>>50mb free, widget locker, 9-button code lock, music control (only with music), launcher pro, antivirus, beautiful widgets, etc etc etc
3. basic information on what you were doing when you experienced the issue.
>>>>nothing but waking up the device. i had read this thread before it actually happened to me (i just got liberty 'bout a week ago). so when the screen didnt come one on a wake-up. i held it into the light and noticed that the screen is there, just extremely dim and unresponsive. about 30 secs into it the device rebooted. as far as i can remember, that button lights were off as well.....

i got faith in you, kejar!....

OP
G

Gerane

Reaction score
Well, I highly believe the issue is memory related. I did a fresh install of liberty yesterday due to my backups giving me md5 mismatches, which is a whole different issue I've started having. Dunno if it is liberty related or not, but back on topic.

I forgot to reset my memory settings, and sure enough, I got my first freeze up this morning. I hadn't had one for a very long time after setting minimum to 50.

Changed it back and will keep you updated

Shadows9909

Reaction score
Well, I highly believe the issue is memory related. I did a fresh install of liberty yesterday due to my backups giving me md5 mismatches, which is a whole different issue I've started having. Dunno if it is liberty related or not, but back on topic.

I forgot to reset my memory settings, and sure enough, I got my first freeze up this morning. I hadn't had one for a very long time after setting minimum to 50.

Changed it back and will keep you updated

The md5 sum mismatch is almost always caused by renaming your backup with an unsupported character... most commonly a space :p get rid of the spaces in the name of the backup and it should work. And I too believe the memory is related.. that zip I posted the link to earlier sets the memfree to 80 and it hasn't had that problem since... and its much faster as well.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
G

Gerane

Reaction score
That's my problem. I get md5 mismatch whether I rename them or not.

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
Is there anyway to verify the free memory setting after you set it in the toolbox?

Does it reset to stock when the phone reboots?

Shadows9909

Reaction score
Is there anyway to verify the free memory setting after you set it in the toolbox?

Does it reset to stock when the phone reboots?

Install advanced task killer.. just because it tells you what apps are running and your available memory... no need to kill stuff with it.. after an hour or two of use check and see how much is free.. it will be within 5 of what it is set to usually

Sent from my DROIDX