Liberty has gone crazy unstable today on 2 DX's

dvader

Reaction score
so liberty had been working great on my phone and my wife's.
today, both our phones have rebooted dozens of times out of no where.

wifi constantly says "turning on" but never comes on.
sometimes it says "error" (again never had these problems before this morning)
I connect to my AP with my laptop just fine. so it's not that
sending or receiving text messages (on both phones) results in reboots

I've rebooted, powered off, wiped cache.. nothing seems to fix it.
i tired to enable airplane mode and the phone just reboots. (just trying to turn the radios off and back on)

we've been running this rom since day 1, and it's been fine.. but now it's all gone crazy. nothing has changed..

anyone have any idea what's up?

droidxchat

Reaction score
assuming the rom doesn't automatically wipe data during install, you should probably try reflashing with recovery but without wiping data/factory reset. you won't lose any apps or data this way, but it could very well correct the error. if it doesnt work, you may have to do a fresh install by wiping everything first.

also, the obvious question -- are you overclocked?

OP
D

dvader

Reaction score
nope not overclocked.

I think it's ok now.
here's what i did.
tried to install liberty 1.0 over the top, with only a cache wipe
still no luck

backed it up. blew everything away (system/data/cache) loaded a backup of apex.
everything seemed ok.
blew that away and restored my liberty backup.
seems to be working for the moment.

I also rebooted my router, but even with wifi off it was still acting up, so i don't believe that was it. but just for good measure i did it anyways.

everything has been ok for the last hour..
cant figure out why both phones just went crazy at the same time on the same day.

loonie01

Reaction score
Try to re-install Liberty over what you have. Do not wipe. I had to do that a few times. Now works perfectly.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Fyi ..there's an unbelievable update of liberty over @ xda that I stumbled across and all I can say is "Wow, Blazing Fast and stable". Its labeled as re-engineered liberty.hope am not scolded for speaking of another site. I think it's a "sister " site of DF if am not mistaking ...

Sent from my Droid X using DroidForums App

FragDroidX

Reaction score
AFAIK that "ROM" is just really a themed liberty. The Devs of Liberty are not happy about what he did and I also read on another forum that the Liberty toolbox has now been changed so it will not work with anything other than Liberty.

Jordan8

Reaction score
I've had quite a few reboots since installing liberty. Well more like the screen turning off & wont turn back on without a battery pull. Suppose that's to be expected in the 1st version of any Rom tho :p

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

beefydoc

Reaction score
Also have had a few reboot issues

I also have had a problem with the screen going black and having to do a battery pull. It happens maybe once or twice a day. Not every day, but most days. It has happened 3x today.
Still a very small price to pay for such an excellent ROM. I expect things will only get better with Liberty 1.5.

loonie01

Reaction score
Boot into the regular recovery by holding power button and the home button, I believe and do a factory wipe. Reboot. That is one of the steps that I tried.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
I also have had a problem with the screen going black and having to do a battery pull. It happens maybe once or twice a day. Not every day, but most days. It has happened 3x today.
Still a very small price to pay for such an excellent ROM. I expect things will only get better with Liberty 1.5.

Been having the same issue... phone becomes extremely slow and unresponsive and as soon as the screen times out thats it. thought it was because I was OC'd but after a couple fresh installs, no wipe installs and deleting JRummy's OC app I still get the screen going black and have to do a batt pull at least once a day

No biggie just glad to see I'm not the only one with the issue. Can't wait for 1.5!!

mcp770

Reaction score
ran about a week and started having the black screen of death too. Moved important files from sd card to pc. Formatted EVERYTHING sd and all. Wiped/cleared then installed maderstcok340.zip . Booted and skipped everything after activation. Went to settings then selected factory wipe. Rebooted then moved my backups back to sd, rooted then went into clockwork. Wiped/cleared. Installed liberty and used restore apps in toolbox etc. Signed into google and have been trouble free for days.

dxgeek35

Reaction score
I have been on this ron for awhile and never had black screens or random reboots but time to time I lose 3g connection

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App