Liberty Gingerbread

jayetruth

Reaction score
So--cannot download anything over 3G?

WiFi Works great.... over the network... fail.

Suggestions?

maximumpower

Reaction score
I had this problem today. I enabled airplane mode (ie disabled radio) and then disabled airplane mode and suddenly I could download over 3G. It has been fine all day.

I noticed that the network strength bars in the status bar were white but when I toggled airplane mode they turned blue.

Droid_Junky

Reaction score
I had this problem after loading gingerbread. Found that dialing *228 99 did the trick.

byproxy

Reaction score
what's *228 99 ???

only options i have for *228 is 1 or 2. when trying to hit anything else i get an "not a valid option" message.

thahandyman

Reaction score
GB has a few new features... under settings, then battery and data manager theres 2 things which you might have selected which are messin w/ your downloads. first check "data saver" and make sure that data saver is not on. if you look at what it does it stops big downloads until youre on wifi. then under "data delivery" you may want to select enable background data.... i had to select that to get my market to download things correctly when not on wifi

hopefully that helps....

Droid_Junky

Reaction score
what's *228 99 ???

only options i have for *228 is 1 or 2. when trying to hit anything else i get an "not a valid option" message.

According to Verizon it forces secondary tower update. You just dial all numbers in a row. you don't have to wait for options. It cured my no signal issue after Gingerbread.

OP
J

jayetruth

Reaction score
Ok--either i'm a dumbass or just lucky. Finally SBFd back to stock 2.3.340... rooted... reflashed my backup on liberty 2.0.1 and created a new email address. then added original email address.

Either way--it's working again. Thanks for all the replies.

@byproxy

*22899 and then press send. It skips the options.

I know. :cool: