Liberty Gingerbread Official Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoyoche

Reaction score
Facebook account

Anytime I go into accounts I am unable to set up my facebook account. I click it and it does nothing but hilite it.

This is the only problem I seem to have.

Just a mention I am also a fan of the new gingy app drawer setup. Grouping my apps like that saves alot of time searchin and it's very slick.

Last edited:

maximumpower

Reaction score
Open bootstrapper and clear cache and wipe data again. Even though it seems like nothing is downloading it is, just be patient with the reinstall of apps. It had me wondering the same thing this morning and I then started to notice that apps were getting installed without the download ever showing anything.
Thanks for the reply. I cleared market cache and market data. I rebooted into bootstrap, cleared cache and Dalvik cache as well as did a factory reset/wipe data. After going through the initial setup, the market does not download anything and is now one by one saying my installs are unsuccessful.
I also tried to reinstall /liberty/Nightlies/libertygb.01 (forget the exact name)

and I get:
assert failed: motorola.update_cdma_bp("/tmp/rdl.bin", /tmp/bp.img")
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

I can still boot but while it is failing on the market downloads the phone froze and I had to pull the battery. I did a reset factory again and tried to re-install libertyGBv.01 and get the same error

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Yeah, although it would be fantastic, I doubt any dev will include Moto's drawer directly in their app. However, a straightforward way to override using another drawer should not be out of the question.

Thanks again Dr. Carpenter

Idk, there's a lot of ports/copies of sense stuff in market apps, and adw has the 3d nexus drawer...

Ideally, some dev would port/copy the drawer as a standalone app, so it can be utilized without having the full moto launcher installed... Wish I knew some programming, I'd give it a shot.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

chris92685

Reaction score
ok so im having a really big problem with trying to install liberty gingerbread. every time i try to install it i wipe data/cache and than install the full rom and as soon as i try to boot up the system after installing it just brings me straight to the bootloder and than i have to sbf back and start all over. am i doing something wrong or is my phone just not compatible.

can someone pleas help me out with this????

Wulf1

Reaction score
I'm having some fc when setting a wallpaper from gallery. I also have some fc when trying to select wallpaper from menu. I long press on home screen and try and no matter which selection for wallpaper I select it just closes. Sometimes a reboot wil give me that option back.

maximumpower

Reaction score
Open bootstrapper and clear cache and wipe data again. Even though it seems like nothing is downloading it is, just be patient with the reinstall of apps. It had me wondering the same thing this morning and I then started to notice that apps were getting installed without the download ever showing anything.
Thanks for the reply. I cleared market cache and market data. I rebooted into bootstrap, cleared cache and Dalvik cache as well as did a factory reset/wipe data. After going through the initial setup, the market does not download anything and is now one by one saying my installs are unsuccessful.
I also tried to reinstall /liberty/Nightlies/libertygb.01 (forget the exact name)

and I get:
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

I can still boot but while it is failing on the market downloads the phone froze and I had to pull the battery. I did a reset factory again and tried to re-install libertyGBv.01 and get the same error
I believe the error is because I am installing the full v0.1 for coming from froyo but now I have GB.

I have an update. I have been researching the market download problem and have tried every solution I could find. One of the solutions is to uninstall the market update. This takes me back to 2.3.4. However, when I run the market, I am back to 2.3.6 again. It automatically installs it.

So, I uninstalled the market update again and got back to 2.3.4. Then I logged into the market from my PC (ie from the browser) and installed from there. This installs without running the market and now I have installed Liberty Toolbox and Titanium backup!

Why is 2.3.6 failing? How do I keep it from getting reinstalled? Doing this one by one is going to take a long time lol

Thanks

mbjr

Reaction score
Only having two problems, can't add FaceBook account (contacts won't sync) and can't add calendar events. Other than that fast and smooth.

rh166c

Reaction score
getting frequent random reboots.

I got this up and running and it was all running well until i tried to dl the oreoslice wallpaper app from market. Ever since it has been booting up to a frozen like state and then rebooting. I don't know if app downloaded all the way because it rebooted several times during the download. help! thanks

zZvaNyaZz

Reaction score
You can't install liberty 2.0.1 themes on gb...made the same mistake & had to sbf.

rh166c

Reaction score
You can't install liberty 2.0.1 themes on gb...made the same mistake & had to sbf.

but i didnt install the theme cause I read that I downloaded the wallpaper pack from market

rh166c

Reaction score
though I did change my boot animation at the same time. Blast! I bet that's the problem then!

66racer

Reaction score
wireless network password bug

wireless network password bug----

Hello,

Would share that I cant enter my password for my home network, its a wep 5 digit but phone doesnt accept anything below 8 as if it was a wpa/wpa2 network when its really a wep.

I believe this is a GB rom fault because It happened when I was on the GB leak but goes away with any other rom or original froyo. Its the reason why I went back to liberty 1.5 (before 2.0) If i set my home network to wpa/wpa2 and set the router to a 10digit password (over8) I can sign on but now my wireless printer is having connection issues so i will be going back to wep and would hope there is a rom fix for this or patch for this issue. Gotta love these different protocols lol

Nothing custom other than the liberty gb rom itself...

Thanks

edit-----
got my printer going, darn case sensitive pw threw me off so I am currently unaffected by the issue in any way after switching to wpa2 BUT someone else can have this issue if they are on wep because they have an older router or something.

Last edited:

fezrock

Reaction score

and I get:
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

I believe the error is because I am installing the full v0.1 for coming from froyo but now I have GB.

I have an update. I have been researching the market download problem and have tried every solution I could find. One of the solutions is to uninstall the market update. This takes me back to 2.3.4. However, when I run the market, I am back to 2.3.6 again. It automatically installs it.

So, I uninstalled the market update again and got back to 2.3.4. Then I logged into the market from my PC (ie from the browser) and installed from there. This installs without running the market and now I have installed Liberty Toolbox and Titanium backup!

Why is 2.3.6 failing? How do I keep it from getting reinstalled? Doing this one by one is going to take a long time lol

Thanks

For now freeze 2.3.6 in TiBu and restore 2.3.4 . Let is know if that works!

Edit: and yes, don't dl the full rom if you have GB!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.