Liberty GB v0.9 data issue

hadog32

Reaction score
Please help, I'm out of options. I recently installed Liberty GB v0.9 did the data backup/factory wipe and installed it with no issues, but for some reason I am unable to connect to my gmail accounts or get an internet connection with my browsers.

I'm can still receive/send sms's but cant connect to my data plan

Any advice or help plzz.

Thanks in advance.

ABQNM

Reaction score
The obvious questions first. Do you have the 3g icon? Is data enabled in the Mobile Network Settings?

You may want to try a *228 option 1 to reprogram the phone in case somehow the apn settings got modified.

OP
H

hadog32

Reaction score
Yes I do have 3G, and the data is enabled in the network setting. I 've tried the *228 1 option and rebooted x amount of times but still no luck.

Please help, I really need my phone backup and running for work.

ABQNM

Reaction score
It could be a bad install... I would check the MD5 of the file on your sd card and try the install again, but only wipe cache and dalvik so you don't lose data. This will correct any potential issues with the install. If that doesn't work you may have to delete data and cache...

OP
H

hadog32

Reaction score
I installed the nightly from liberty toolbox to get GB v0.9. Will it still be on my SD card and if not, Where can I obtain the actually zip file to install it.

Thanks for all the help.

ABQNM

Reaction score
I don't currently have Liberty installed so I can't check, but I believe they download to the Liberty folder on the SD card. They may be in a sub-folder, so you may have to explore.

OP
H

hadog32

Reaction score
The only issue I am having is since i cant access the market, I'm unable to get to root folder.
This is so frustrating.

ABQNM

Reaction score
I don't remember if Liberty had a native file explorer... You don't need to get to the root folder, just the /sdcard. If you have no file explorer at all, you can go to terminal and type cd /sdcard/liberty and press enter. (you may have to try liberty with a capital L as linux is case sensitive in most cases) Then type ls (that is a lowercase LS) and press enter. This will list the contents of the folder. If you need to get to a sub folder, for example 'imadethisup' you would just type cd imadethisup and press enter since you are already in the liberty folder. The ls command works in any folder to list its contents.

Hope this helps you find it.

OP
H

hadog32

Reaction score
Damm I don't even have the terminal. I'm just having terrible day with this. I'll try to factory reboot again and see if it shows up again

ABQNM

Reaction score
You could also just browse folders in CWM when it asks you to choose a zip file to install. Sorry I didn't think of that one first...

OP
H

hadog32

Reaction score
Is there somewhere I can get the zip file for Liberty GB v0.9 to re install it since i don't have access to any data.

ABQNM

Reaction score
From the other thread it looks like the people with the issue went from froyo to the pre-rooted gingerbread 596 single zip file. To install liberty, you need to use the 2-part zip file to get from froyo to gb and then install liberty. Did you use the 2 part zip? If not, it seems like you will have to SBF and do so...

And I am sorry, but I don't know where to get the files without the toolbox. They are probably out there somewhere, but I can't help there.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Is there somewhere I can get the zip file for Liberty GB v0.9 to re install it since i don't have access to any data.

It should still be on your SD card (liberty>nightlies), unless you are wanting to re-download the file. Then the short answer is no. There is no where to download it right now except from within the Pro Toolbox.

OP
H

hadog32

Reaction score
k I'll check it out tonight when i get home.
I'll update u on how it goes. :-(((

Thanks for all ur help.