Liberty GB For Liberty Toolbox (Free)?

Otechmobile

Reaction score
I agree that the devs bust their balls to give us all their best work. I appreciate all their efforts on every rom they build and improve on. I wish I had half their talents to come up the things they do. No matter you feel about them charging for beta work, remember they are doing it in their spare time and giving up time with family and friends to make our phones better. That's the best way to explain it. But as I said, to each his own. You can't please everyone all the time. Keep up the great work on liberty AND liberty GB.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I 2ND THAT. ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS FOR TEAM DONATE HAHA (I MADE A FUNNY). You cant put a $priCe$ on lost family time. Thanks for all your work TEAM LIBERTY.dancedroid

makaveliq3

Reaction score
I would like to speak on behalf of all the cheap @$$e$ on these boards and say that I for one have not donated to team liberty and don't really intend to.
but I would like to say I will never ever complain about
Them taking too long
Not giving everything out for free
Or offering better or more frequent stuff for paying members

I am ok with waiting for a final release at their conveniences and generosity. I am very grateful for what they do and I love to show off their work. I like to tell people I run a custom rom called Liberty.

So on behalf of all the cheap @$$e$. I salute you and I can't wait to see Liberty Gingerbread.

zoe

Reaction score
well I'm very happy with paying for an app that gives me the type of satisfaction that liberty does.

thanks also to jrummy his'self for chiming in earlier, and as for paying for beta software, I challenge google motorola and verizon to convince me that the dx I paid for in aug. wasn't beta.

only after rooting, hacking and rom'ing does it come close to living up to the hardware's potential and feeling like maybe it's 'finished'

[insert_here]

maximumpower

Reaction score
I agree. Every custom ROM I have run has been more stable than stock 2.1 and 2.2.1. 2.2 was pretty good for me.

Even LGB with the few known issues is more stable than the stock 2.2.1 for me.

I am sticking with Liberty and will keep paying for "betas" that are more stable than stock ROMs.

randyb69

Reaction score
I don't choose to look at it as, "paying for alpha builds". I ended up purchasing the app to get over to LGB from Drew Garens rom and don't regret paying at all.

To be honest, to me it was just an extremely easy way for me to donate to Jrummy. It was just a perk that he had an alpha build of liberty and I was able to get it sooner then those who don't choose to donate for someones hard work and time spent away from their family and friends.

Lets not forget if we didn't have Dev's we wouldn't be talking about gingerbread yet, we would be running clunky froyo, no overclocking, no themes and no wireless tether. Just my 2 cents

Mick11

Reaction score
Ok im confused. First of all what are gingerbread nightlies and if I want all of this gingerbread stuff do I have to update to gingerbread and root or can I do that from the toolbox?

mcp770

Reaction score
You can do everything from the toolbox n ow. Including installing gb with a wipe. The nightly is just a term for updates basically. Once the full rom is installed the nightly service just means you have access instantly to any patches or updates that become available directly from the rom manager. Not necessarily every night mind you.

Vismal

Reaction score
Why do people keep saying that it's stupid to pay for alpha/beta builds? I didn't pay for anything. I made a donation because I wanted to. I felt since I use liberty every single day of my life I should give something back. It would be like telling me I'm stupid for giving away an entire pint of blood when all I get is a juicebox and some Lorna Doons in return. I didn't donate for the cookies it was just something they gave me in return as a way of saying thanks! Jrummy and the rest of team liberty do a great job making our phones FAR better then the chumps at Motorola/Verizon and they got 200 bucks and a 2 year contract out of the deal!

killinem

Reaction score
Why do people keep saying that it's stupid to pay for alpha/beta builds? I didn't pay for anything. I made a donation because I wanted to. I felt since I use liberty every single day of my life I should give something back. It would be like telling me I'm stupid for giving away an entire pint of blood when all I get is a juicebox and some Lorna Doons in return. I didn't donate for the cookies it was just something they gave me in return as a way of saying thanks! Jrummy and the rest of team liberty do a great job making our phones FAR better then the chumps at Motorola/Verizon and they got 200 bucks and a 2 year contract out of the deal!

+1000

jonwgee

Reaction score

I'm gonna give you a +1000 just for the Lorna Doons mention :icon_ banana: