Liberty GB For Liberty Toolbox (Free)?

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by belanova, Apr 23, 2011.

1. belanova

belanova New Member

Liberty Toolbox Free Version Has Gingerbread V?
  2. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

are you saying it does or asking if it does? afaik it's only in the donate toolbox.
  3. d3vilfish

d3vilfish New Member

Ya gotta admit kinda pissed. Paying to be alpha and beta testers is just wrong. Donating for final release np have bought apps and donated for froyo liberty. No way im going to donate to help fix there bugs

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  4. nimerix

nimerix New Member

K. enjoy froyo
  5. zwade01

zwade01 New Member

THIS!!!! lmaoooooo
  6. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member Premium Member Developer

And there'd be a lot of pissed people if the ROM was freely available on this forum - given its current state.

Can't win them all.

But hey, on the bright side, we get a relatively bug-free and more feature complete version by waiting.
  7. Trong

Trong New Member

Nope, this is part of the reason why kejar left both Team Liberty and Team DeFuse. Stupid policy to pay for these builds.
  8. lopedog

lopedog New Member

If you don't like don't buy it that solves the problem. They have every right to offer that way. I personally donated for the toolbox because I thought it deserved a donation not because I could get a build earlier than the rest of the public. But because I did donate that is a perk that is available just like almost any other paid app on the market they special perks like no ads with the donate verizon. That is my 2 cents
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  9. cubsfan187

cubsfan187 New Member

K. You enjoy sbf'ing after not having a finished ROM. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and smart-ass replies like that aren't needed. I agree that the deserve to be paid for their work, but even the free users deserve the little perks too. They also walk around showing off their phone and the ROM's/themes and then those people may spend the money on it. Do those people get anything out of being a walking billboard? I personally have never seen a dime from anyone for showing off the dev's work. To each his own though.

10. mcp770

mcp770 New Member

I gave up one cup of Starbucks coffee so I could get a one zip install of GB. Who gives a rats ass why Kejar left or if JRummy wants to make a buck for the time he puts into coding and supporting his stuff. I think gas should be cheaper but guess what..it isn't. Point is if you want the product that cost 5 than buy it and if you don't than wait till its released. This is a stupid argument. And yes I am fully aware that some builds are works in progress and I enjoy being part of the process. You word it like you are being tricked into paying to beta...most of us knew that first time we rooted?
  11. jrummy16

jrummy16 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

I hate when people make assumptions. Kejar thought the idea was "great" and that is not why he left. If he sounds like he is against it now then his mind changed after quiting Liberty.

If you think the idea is stupid that's ok, I can't please everyone. It certainly doesn't hurt anything having a beta version out early for testing. It's not "manditory" to donate and the full release will be made available to you free. Hope you enjoy the hard work :)
  12. drum747

drum747 New Member

I have used and enjoyed Liberty since day one. I want to support the guys that make my phone better. I couldn't wait to get Liberty 2.0 and gladly paid the 5 bucks as a thank you for all their hard work. Knowing It would eventually be free. Getting Liberty Gingerbread was a free bonus to me. Im sure with all the donations they are now working for what $0.50 an hour?

13. Zog

Zog New Member

All ya'll haters are broke, ungrateful, 'female dogs'.
  14. mcp770

mcp770 New Member

Funny part is he probably ran liberty since its inception and like any work in progress its essentially a beta too.
  15. cubsfan187

cubsfan187 New Member

I agree that the devs bust their balls to give us all their best work. I appreciate all their efforts on every rom they build and improve on. I wish I had half their talents to come up the things they do. No matter you feel about them charging for beta work, remember they are doing it in their spare time and giving up time with family and friends to make our phones better. That's the best way to explain it. But as I said, to each his own. You can't please everyone all the time. Keep up the great work on liberty AND liberty GB.

16. Otechmobile

Otechmobile New Member

I 2ND THAT. ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS FOR TEAM DONATE HAHA (I MADE A FUNNY). You cant put a $priCe$ on lost family time. Thanks for all your work TEAM LIBERTY.dancedroid
  17. makaveliq3

makaveliq3 New Member

I would like to speak on behalf of all the cheap @$$e$ on these boards and say that I for one have not donated to team liberty and don't really intend to.
    but I would like to say I will never ever complain about
    Them taking too long
    Not giving everything out for free
    Or offering better or more frequent stuff for paying members

I am ok with waiting for a final release at their conveniences and generosity. I am very grateful for what they do and I love to show off their work. I like to tell people I run a custom rom called Liberty.

So on behalf of all the cheap @$$e$. I salute you and I can't wait to see Liberty Gingerbread.
  18. zoe

zoe New Member

well I'm very happy with paying for an app that gives me the type of satisfaction that liberty does.

thanks also to jrummy his'self for chiming in earlier, and as for paying for beta software, I challenge google motorola and verizon to convince me that the dx I paid for in aug. wasn't beta.

only after rooting, hacking and rom'ing does it come close to living up to the hardware's potential and feeling like maybe it's 'finished'

[insert_here]
  19. maximumpower

maximumpower New Member

I agree. Every custom ROM I have run has been more stable than stock 2.1 and 2.2.1. 2.2 was pretty good for me.

Even LGB with the few known issues is more stable than the stock 2.2.1 for me.

I am sticking with Liberty and will keep paying for "betas" that are more stable than stock ROMs.
  20. randyb69

randyb69 New Member

I don't choose to look at it as, "paying for alpha builds". I ended up purchasing the app to get over to LGB from Drew Garens rom and don't regret paying at all.

To be honest, to me it was just an extremely easy way for me to donate to Jrummy. It was just a perk that he had an alpha build of liberty and I was able to get it sooner then those who don't choose to donate for someones hard work and time spent away from their family and friends.

Lets not forget if we didn't have Dev's we wouldn't be talking about gingerbread yet, we would be running clunky froyo, no overclocking, no themes and no wireless tether. Just my 2 cents