Liberty GB .8 Wifi Teather

mioduz

Reaction score
I was playing around after i got liberty gb .8 installed on my droid X and I found a wifi Tether option under settings>>wireless
Is this the equivelant of Verizon 3g hotspot (where as if i use it i will be charged)
I ask because i can not get Wifi Tether to work. My laptop gets forwarded to some verizon page to pay for tethering.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I was playing around after i got liberty gb .8 installed on my droid X and I found a wifi Tether option under settings>>wireless
Is this the equivelant of Verizon 3g hotspot (where as if i use it i will be charged)
I ask because i can not get Wifi Tether to work. My laptop gets forwarded to some verizon page to pay for tethering.

Yes this is the Verizon hotspot. It is incorporated into the system on GB, not just an app you can delete like on Froyo. I hear there are work arounds if you really want it, but I myself am not exactly sure.

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
Wifi tether 3.0 experimental version. Change device profile to droid x in its settings. Add password for encryption. Hit tether and ur done.

dxsys.xbl

pcpimp

Reaction score
Wifi tether 3.0 experimental version. Change device profile to droid x in its settings. Add password for encryption. Hit tether and ur done.

dxsys.xbl

I did this but still had to flash the TBH patch and it works GREAT!! I'm not worried about VZW I don't use it enough or abuse it :)

jerry42570

Reaction score
Aha! Forgot about changing the device profile again! Great to know I can always find answers before abandoning what seems like a great ROM so far. I flashed the TBH patch and nothing. I'll have to give it another test try when I get off of work.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I also use Masqed Crusader to use Google DNS instead if Verizon.

sent from my ApeX

alosenster

Reaction score
Can anyone post instructions on how to get this to work? I tried, but when I connected to the hotspot it sent me to a Verizon redirect screen.

jmims

Reaction score

dxsys.xbl

This works for me on Liberty Gingerbread v.9. I also have Set DNS installed, but I doubt that's really doing anything.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has always worked for me. Set to d2 and it works. I don't tether, but it's good to know that it's there if I need it

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9 (Blacked out-red theme)

viper3773

Reaction score
Well it didn't work for any https sites :(

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk