Liberty GB .5 Kernal

thahandyman

Reaction score
can anyone post or link to the kernal needed for .5 i was dumb enough to not download it first before i flashed... now i cannot connect to google servers... thanks in advance.

OP
T

thahandyman

Reaction score
nevermind all.... i had clockwork and d2 bootstrap on sd card, just flashed back to what i had before, and then downloaded the kernel... 2nd time's a charm

dremiliolizardo

Reaction score
Connect over wifi, download the toolbox and install .591. Encountered the same problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mtvcc

Reaction score
So it's v.05 first then the kernel or the other way around?

Never mind, JRummy said .5 then Kernel should work.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
Kernel then .5. I wish it said that on the nightlies section, because I did the .5 first and it kills your internet. I couldn't even connect to sites via wi-fi, though the two open WAPs near me might have had restrictions on them to prevent random connections even though I could connect and get an IP. I had to go back to regular .1 GB, install the kernel, then install .5, lol.

bleulin

Reaction score
I flash the 591 kernel first, and flash the v0.5 LGB second, it works so good~

rudydroid

Reaction score
The instructions say .5 first, then go back and install kernel.
I did, but now only have 0.3 toolbox, and market says donate toolbox is installed.
Any ideas on how to get back to nightlies with .5, without having to restore 0.4 and reflashing 0.5?
Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

swagmonster

Reaction score
Can I have a link to the kernal mynightlies are all f up either. 2 or. 4 should up none else I already have. 5 downloaded. The full one from froyo

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

maximumpower

Reaction score
For future flashers, download both 0.5 and 0.591 kernel first, then boot into clockwork and flash both while you are in clockwork, then reboot.

Fyi

Fabyloso

Reaction score
For future flashers, download both 0.5 and 0.591 kernel first, then boot into clockwork and flash both while you are in clockwork, then reboot.

Fyi

I wish I went to this forum before I got into the toolbox. The Toolbox is stated incorrectly! Grrr.

joeman7637

Reaction score
I did exactly as stated in toolbox and it work perfectly for me. I did .5 first then kernal and everything is great.

Fabyloso

Reaction score
I did exactly as stated in toolbox and it work perfectly for me. I did .5 first then kernal and everything is great.

You are smarter than most of us then. Because I can see in the Toolbox it says to flash the v0.5 and then come back and install the kernal update.

I Restored back to v0.4, downloaded kernal, used Droid 2 Bootstrap to boot into clockwork and flashed both files. Then I rebooted. Everything works perfect! Thanks Liberty! Just update the verbiage so there is no more misunderstandings. :)

Misphit917

Reaction score
Samething happened to me I installed five and my phone went nuts lost bandwidth connection
I could not even access liberty tools.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums