Liberty 3v2 Download of Update Failed

killgriff

Reaction score
I've been on Liberty Gingerbread 0.9 and decided to update to Liberty 3 v.2. It seems like it's trying to download a OTA firmware update (although it never said what it is downloading), but I keep getting a "Download of Update Failed" notification every few minutes even though I'm connected to wifi. It's been trying to download for 3 days now and is starting to get annoying... Is there any way other than SBF-ing to get this to work, or to just get rid of the error message?

OP
K

killgriff

Reaction score
Ok, I'm on System version 4.5.605 so what is it trying to download?

bobwool

Reaction score
Liberty 3v2 on DX and I get the same error. I went to Settings | About phone and I am on system version 4.5.605, too. But when I click on System Updates it tells me an update is being downloaded, then the "Info: Download of update failed" message pops up. So it seems to be related to a system update.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Clear cache and use ROM Toolbox or Root Explorer and delete or freeze the updater file. It should be in system/updater.apk. it also might be called blurupdater.apk. its been awhile.

X

OP
K

killgriff

Reaction score
Clear cache and use ROM Toolbox or Root Explorer and delete or freeze the updater file. It should be in system/updater.apk. it also might be called blurupdater.apk. its been awhile.
X

Thanks for the help but I'm still getting the error. I cleared cache partition and Dalvik in recovery, used Root Explorer from ROM Toolbox and deleted /system/app/BlurUpdater_VZW.apk. Also, in Settings>About phone I am not able to check on System updates- it is listed but not clickable.

ondabirdhouse

Reaction score
I just fixed it...like Brad92 said you need to freeze it. ROM Toolbox > app manager > all apps. its called updater. you need to freeze it.