Liberty 3 Bugs

jeffcavicchi

Reaction score
The beauty of the United States of America is that political attacks are allowed, but I'll let it slide today to keep us on topic. ;-) I stream netflix, youtube and a few other apps just fine (buffering aside). I'll see what I come up with though.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

I appreciate it! If I can narrow it down with your help to an app problem, I can stop chasing down imaginary bugs...

tjarvis

Reaction score
Ref the aje app...I got video no audio...I dunno...I'll dig around when I have more time

jeffcavicchi

Reaction score
Ref the aje app...I got video no audio...I dunno...I'll dig around when I have more time

Funny - I get double audio and no video.

Could be a problem with their app - I'll try Google movies or netflix when I get home.

Thanks for the help - I appreciate it!

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I'm not sure if its tied into the liberty rom but there's a few times when I use poweramp and as soon as I plug in my headphones or aux cable, the phone restarts.

Sent from my liberated Droid R2D2

DocFKNx

Reaction score
I've had a few issues - but nothing near what I had with Liberty 1.0 - the main two issues I've noticed are issues with audio - if I'm streaming audio say in TuneIn Pro and I receive an eMail with audio notification the audio for the TuneIn feed sometimes lowers itself to basically being off. I have to hit the volume key to bring it back up.

The MAIN issue I'm having is periodic termination of data sync - for no reason at all I'll have no data connection - Facebook says "No Internet Connection", K9 Mail says (Sync Disabled) etc. I have to put it in Airplane mode and then take it out to get the connection to come back on.

MAY not be ROM related but it is some major weirdness since going to the new ROM. These things aside it is an AMAZING product - which is why I donate!

:)

rhymenocerous

Reaction score
I also experience Gallery problems, not sure it's freezing, it just never displays my pictures. The lock screens all worked fine for me.
I didn't care for the replacement of the full date in the notification bar when you drop it down, and it did not seem like an improvement over-all, so I went back to 1.0.

DJMike

Reaction score
Issues I'm having with V 2.0

So after being stuck in the dark ages with Liberty Gingerbread for several months, I finally upgraded to Liberty 3 V 2.0. The first few days, it worked like a dream, I even got the customizer to change around the color scheme. However, After the third day I started noticing problems.

1) The built in Google music app is glitchy and stops playing music or closes at random. The only way to stop the app and fix the issue is to kill its process in app management. An upgrade to the latest Google music seems to make it work better.

2) After the first day, totally at random, My lock screen disappeared. As in, you push the power button and insted of going to the lock screen it takes you strait to home screen. When I went into the customizer and went to lock screen options, I saw that no lock screen was selected. So I selected one and tried again. Nothing. I went through every lock screen and none of them would save in the customizer. Every time I would go back, there would be nothing selected.

3) sometimes when a call comes in, the phone will not ring. The screen will come on with the person who is calling, but it will not let me pick up or dismiss the call. The screen becomes frozen and there is nothing that can be done until the call goes to voicemail. Upon the screen clearing, there is no call log recorded in recent or missed calls. Its as if the call never came in. Note that this started happening AFTER the lock screen issue. Maybe the two are related?

4) I prefer the blur calender app over the Stock AOSP, however in Liberty Gingerbread and this version of 2.0, it seems that when using the blur cal, you can not set the widgit to the desktop. You click add widgit/Calender and nothing happens. No idea why. Same thing with the Blur desk clock. Whenyou dock your phone, it simply sits on the home screen instead of bring up a dock screen. Also, if you go into an app (say Netflix) and then click home, nothing happens. it will stay on the app you are on. I really like the Blur dock screen because you can add costume apps to it, unlike the AOSP one. Any solutions?

5) It seems the new play store does not play well with the rom. It constantly force closes on me and none of my apps are listed in the "My Apps" section. However, If I search an app I have, it will tell me I have it. I have Titanium Backup and used market doctor on my apps, but that still didn't fix it. Its made it so I have to manually search and update my apps, It will not recognize them to install updates.

These are some problems I noticed. Any help would be appreciated. In an effort to fix the issues myself, I went about re-flashing the rom to refresh the whole thing and wound up Bricking my phone. Second time this week I will need to SBF and start over. I did a data wipe and all. IDK why It bricked. Honest opinion, should I go with V1.0 or V2.0 after I unbrick my phone again? Any incite would be appreciated.

roydroid

Reaction score
liberty is the best

For what it is worth, I've been around the block a few times and there is nothing I have found that out performs liberty. My rom history:blink: on my droid 2 has been, UD, gummyjar, cyanogenmod, liberty, steel droid, back to liberty.

All had unique qualities but all had issues. There seems to be a fine balance between the right combination of apps that effect performance and bugs. When I first installed liberty I had some of the issues I've seen posted in this thread, and was able to fix or find work arounds for most. As a result I had amazing battery life and very smooth performance. My problems were related gallery app (which wouldn't open, so I installed another gallery app called quickpic, and the 2nd problem was sound turning off (which I fixed by changing camera app as desacribed far back in this thread).

Recently I read about steel droid because I heard good things. It was nice, but I kept having weird radio problems and constant connection problems with wifi and 3g. So now I am back to liberty ( full wipe and reset, fresh install) and it is working better than even, no problems at all including the ones I had before. Why? Who knows. But wanted to let other droid 2 owners know this rom is by far best in my experience.
The only thing I haven't tackled yet is free wireless tether, but it seems every rom has this challenge and may require custom kernel or something.

Also, I replace libery launcher ( which is nice) with GO launcher which is incredible and works perfect on liberty.

tjarvis

Reaction score
So after being stuck in the dark ages with Liberty Gingerbread for several months, I finally upgraded to Liberty 3 V 2.0. The first few days, it worked like a dream, I even got the customizer to change around the color scheme. However, After the third day I started noticing problems.

1) The built in Google music app is glitchy and stops playing music or closes at random. The only way to stop the app and fix the issue is to kill its process in app management. An upgrade to the latest Google music seems to make it work better.

2) After the first day, totally at random, My lock screen disappeared. As in, you push the power button and insted of going to the lock screen it takes you strait to home screen. When I went into the customizer and went to lock screen options, I saw that no lock screen was selected. So I selected one and tried again. Nothing. I went through every lock screen and none of them would save in the customizer. Every time I would go back, there would be nothing selected.

3) sometimes when a call comes in, the phone will not ring. The screen will come on with the person who is calling, but it will not let me pick up or dismiss the call. The screen becomes frozen and there is nothing that can be done until the call goes to voicemail. Upon the screen clearing, there is no call log recorded in recent or missed calls. Its as if the call never came in. Note that this started happening AFTER the lock screen issue. Maybe the two are related?

4) I prefer the blur calender app over the Stock AOSP, however in Liberty Gingerbread and this version of 2.0, it seems that when using the blur cal, you can not set the widgit to the desktop. You click add widgit/Calender and nothing happens. No idea why. Same thing with the Blur desk clock. Whenyou dock your phone, it simply sits on the home screen instead of bring up a dock screen. Also, if you go into an app (say Netflix) and then click home, nothing happens. it will stay on the app you are on. I really like the Blur dock screen because you can add costume apps to it, unlike the AOSP one. Any solutions?

5) It seems the new play store does not play well with the rom. It constantly force closes on me and none of my apps are listed in the "My Apps" section. However, If I search an app I have, it will tell me I have it. I have Titanium Backup and used market doctor on my apps, but that still didn't fix it. Its made it so I have to manually search and update my apps, It will not recognize them to install updates.

These are some problems I noticed. Any help would be appreciated. In an effort to fix the issues myself, I went about re-flashing the rom to refresh the whole thing and wound up Bricking my phone. Second time this week I will need to SBF and start over. I did a data wipe and all. IDK why It bricked. Honest opinion, should I go with V1.0 or V2.0 after I unbrick my phone again? Any incite would be appreciated.

I have settled on v2 of liberty 3, it's got it's issues, but with a good balance of battery and performance and customization. Solutions to most of your issues are in either this thread or the stickied liberty 3 further back. I know it sucks to read through all the pages but it does help. If you want something bugless with great battery life try apex, it just doesn't have the customization. Also remember when wiping to wipe boot, system, etc; pretty much everything but the sd and when flashing remember to mount everything as a general rule. Either way, i'm almost done here...ordered my rezound today and am happy to be moving on. If any devs read this, thank you for making this POS phone worth a damn. Also thank you to anyone who helped me in these forums.