Liberty 3 Blur Camera forcecloses

Je11yman

Reaction score
I love this new flavor of Liberty! It seems very quick and very solid on my Droid X, with one exception for me: my Blur camera. I can use any other camera app (even the AOSP) with no problems, but when I try the Blur camera (for hi-def video and full screen/resolution camera) I get a few seconds of active video preview, a location lock and city name displayed, and then the screen freezes and finally forcecloses. The same happens when I try the Blur video app. I SBF'd to 602 before I began, with full wipe of data and cache, then rooted and applied Liberty 3 1.0. Any suggestions? I would like to use the Blur camera because it is just a no frills simple, fast hi-def video camera and single shot, but I guess I could resort to another alternative if I have to (I have Camera 360, but I don't think it does video.)

falk0069

Reaction score
I have no problems with the blur camera. The only difference I see is I was on 605 before applying the rom. You might want to also try swapping in a different microSD card. I know the camera will display a thumbnail of your previous picture. Maybe it is having troubles with the file structure on your current SD. You may also get some good debug info if you try running alogcat when testing. Just some ideas--good luck.

OP
J

Je11yman

Reaction score
Well, here is a head scratcher. I decided to live with the AOSP version for a few days instead. I went about my business and finally decided on a whim to try the blur camera, one more time. Now remember, I had tried over, and over, to use the blur camera. I had rebooted between installs, I had tried everything I could think of. But this time? It just worked. And I love it!