Liberty 1.5 Toolbox: Does Not Download Themes

alershka

Reaction score
I have been at this all day today. I have tried countless times to download themes via the toolbox. Yesterday, theme files were being downloaded but clockwork indicated they were corrupt. Today I get a message that indicates that the theme is being down loaded and installed. Within a few seconds, the phone boots into clockwork and indicates the file does not exist. I have tried different themes, downloading from wifi, downloading with 3g and downloading right after rebooting. Nothing is working. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Rxforyour7

Reaction score
Use a file manager to navigate to the liberty folder on your sd card. Delete the themes and redownload through the toolbox. Also be patient...it may take a little while.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
A

alershka

Reaction score
Use a file manager to navigate to the liberty folder on your sd card. Delete the themes and redownload through the toolbox. Also be patient...it may take a little while.

When I navigate to that folder it is empty. Im not sure what i am doing wrong. Is it normal for the tool box to not download a file but still initiate clockwork?

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Are you closing the toolbox while its still downloading? That would repeatedly corrupt it.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I'm not certain it would work, but you could delete your existing download subfile and make a new one to see if that fixes your issue. But yeah if your backing out of the toolbox prior to the theme being downloaded it will corrupt the file.

Have you tried rebooting into cwm and wiping the cache? You could also try wiping the dalvik cache (note if you wipe the dalvik cache you will have a longer boot time so don't freak out)

OP
A

alershka

Reaction score
Are you closing the toolbox while its still downloading? That would repeatedly corrupt it.

Nope. I click the theme, it indicates its starting to download, the phone boots into recovery automatically, then clockwork indicates that the file doesn't exist. The only interaction I have is clicking on the theme to download it.

OP
A

alershka

Reaction score
I'm not certain it would work, but you could delete your existing download subfile and make a new one to see if that fixes your issue. But yeah if your backing out of the toolbox prior to the theme being downloaded it will corrupt the file.

Have you tried rebooting into cwm and wiping the cache? You could also try wiping the dalvik cache (note if you wipe the dalvik cache you will have a longer boot time so don't freak out)

Cleared both caches. Renamed the liberty folder on my sd card. I turned off my over clock and under volt. Same exact thing. I can not download/install themes.

jawonder

Reaction score

Cleared both caches. Renamed the liberty folder on my sd card. I turned off my over clock and under volt. Same exact thing. I can not download/install themes.
I was having some problems with mine also , i was getting a lots of FC's and some of the stuff in the toolbox wasn't working all i did was flash the rom again over the one i had no wipe no nothing and if you had a theme just flash the theme again . Mine is good now after i did that , if you are still having problems after that just uninstall the tool box and go into the market and download the one from there .

OP
A

alershka

Reaction score
I was having some problems with mine also , i was getting a lots of FC's and some of the stuff in the toolbox wasn't working all i did was flash the rom again over the one i had no wipe no nothing and if you had a theme just flash the theme again . Mine is good now after i did that , if you are still having problems after that just uninstall the tool box and go into the market and download the one from there .

Ok, I tried deleting the toolbox and reinstalling. That didn't work. I then reinstalled 1.5 over top. Progress! The theme download actually lasted longer than a few seconds. I waited 5 minutes, then my phone rebooted into clockwork. The theme installed. So it appears to be fixed.

Thank you everyone for your help with this. Next time I have strangeness, I will reinstall the rom.

jawonder

Reaction score

Ok, I tried deleting the toolbox and reinstalling. That didn't work. I then reinstalled 1.5 over top. Progress! The theme download actually lasted longer than a few seconds. I waited 5 minutes, then my phone rebooted into clockwork. The theme installed. So it appears to be fixed.

Thank you everyone for your help with this. Next time I have strangeness, I will reinstall the rom.
You welcome man everyone needs help at some point , glad you got it fixed .

Last edited:

uberbdon

Reaction score
I have been at this all day today. I have tried countless times to download themes via the toolbox. Yesterday, theme files were being downloaded but clockwork indicated they were corrupt. Today I get a message that indicates that the theme is being down loaded and installed. Within a few seconds, the phone boots into clockwork and indicates the file does not exist. I have tried different themes, downloading from wifi, downloading with 3g and downloading right after rebooting. Nothing is working. Any ideas?

Be more specific. What'd you do to install liberty?

jawonder

Reaction score

Be more specific. What'd you do to install liberty?
Try this delete the tool box you have then go into the market and search for liberty toolbox and download it and try the themes again if that doesn't work then flash the rom again atop of what you have don't wipe or anything just flash and then see if that works .

fizzoyster

Reaction score
sorry to bring up an old thread but im having the same exact issue. Clicking the theme to see if it will download and it reboots and says the file doesnt exsist. i tried to uninstall liberty toolbox then re-install from the market, didnt work. Then flashed black to stock rom, flashed black to liberty, then re flashed liberty, still no gold. any suggestions?

senfoo

Reaction score
ditto! same issue here, no matter what i do.

*edit - noticed something strange. just for ****s, i tried d/ling the linear theme and it works, but if i try revo or gala, no go. weird? or are there updates going on?

sorry to bring up an old thread but im having the same exact issue. Clicking the theme to see if it will download and it reboots and says the file doesnt exsist. i tried to uninstall liberty toolbox then re-install from the market, didnt work. Then flashed black to stock rom, flashed black to liberty, then re flashed liberty, still no gold. any suggestions?

Last edited:

fizzoyster

Reaction score
Senfoo, try deleting the liberty folder, then uninstalling liberty toolbox, download it again from the market, then reboot and try to download a theme. I've read its worked for other people on other forums, but it didn't work for me. Something else interesting I noticed is I helped my friend download liberty and his toolbox works fine. The only difference is that I downloaded the rom straight to my phone and for his, I transfered liberty to his phone from his computer.