Liberty 1.5 & Titanium Problems - Please Help

someotherguy

Reaction score
Instant reboot. No app actually successfully restores. Not doing any type of system app restore.

someotherguy

Reaction score
Meaning? Liberty is running great. He just doesn't want to reinstall 120 apps manually. The only backup of the apps that he has is in TB. Can you use a different app. To restore them

uberbdon

Reaction score
Honestly I've never used Titanium Backup, but I use MyBackup Pro and it works flawlessly. I say give it a shot. There's always a 15 minute return window.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
@uberbdon I use Titanium and MyBackUp Pro both work for me.

@someotherguy I'm trying to figure out what is causing the reboots. Titanium or the install.

EagleStrike

Reaction score
I had this problem once before... I tried many times to redo everything to no avail.

What I did try though was running the Verify tab and that was the issue... All my apps were backed up but they were ALL corrupted. I dont remember what rom I was on but i experimented and certain roms have issues with TBU.

So, try verifying the back ups. if the check throws you tons of red text errors, chances are that's your problem.

breakerfall

Reaction score
I had this problem once before... I tried many times to redo everything to no avail.

What I did try though was running the Verify tab and that was the issue... All my apps were backed up but they were ALL corrupted. I dont remember what rom I was on but i experimented and certain roms have issues with TBU.

So, try verifying the back ups. if the check throws you tons of red text errors, chances are that's your problem.
I had this happen as well (on my install of GummyJar). I'd used TB many times before, but all the backups I made just before I installed Gummy ended up corrupted when I went to restore them into the fresh Gummy installation.

I did the batch verify (suggested by the dev via twitter), and it showed all my most recent backups as corrupted. All the previous backups were fine, so I was mostly able to restore those. The dev was done replying to me by the time I asked what might have caused the corruption.

EagleStrike

Reaction score

I had this happen as well (on my install of GummyJar). I'd used TB many times before, but all the backups I made just before I installed Gummy ended up corrupted when I went to restore them into the fresh Gummy installation.

I did the batch verify (suggested by the dev via twitter), and it showed all my most recent backups as corrupted. All the previous backups were fine, so I was mostly able to restore those. The dev was done replying to me by the time I asked what might have caused the corruption.

I did wonder why myself why it happened in the first place but I just couldn't think of a reason why. I do remember that GummyJar 2.0 did cause the issue.

breakerfall

Reaction score
I did wonder why myself why it happened in the first place but I just couldn't think of a reason why. I do remember that GummyJar 2.0 did cause the issue.
I believe my corrupted backups were made on Tranq, and I was trying to restore onto Gummy. The backups I made in Gummy have been restoring fine into Liberty so far.

rolandct

Reaction score
I can't restore Liberty 1.0 app/data to Liberty 1.5 so I would imagine it isn't the rom. However I didn't run a verify and I do get the soft reboots when restoring apps and force close when restoring data only. I'll check the verify and file permissions.

BTW posts containing only "it works for me" aren't too helpful, we're aware it isn't a blanket problem affecting everyone. What's more helpful is the posts of people suggesting resolutions which I know I appreciate.

OP
L

luv2increase

Reaction score
I appreciate everyones input!

I am going to try to verify all apps while on tranq. Then im going to use mybackup pro to do K9 mail and any other app where I need the data.

Then ill install liberty 1.5 again and see first if titanium works. If it doesn't, ill be covered by mybackup pro.

It is a shame for titanium has been my favorite app. U can't beat to automatic batch restore of over 200 apps!

dvation

Reaction score

Me too - I had the reboot issue restoring once and it was a corrupted backup. I was able to verify the problem by using the verify option.

kdkinc

Reaction score
As Rom's change so does the Framework most times.
This is the main source of problems when installing a total backup with TBU.

OP
L

luv2increase

Reaction score
It was corrupted backups of like 20 apps! Weird. Even more strange is that deleting the backup and completely redoing it still resulted in the same corrupted apps!

I just used mybackup root to backup to 9 apps or so that I absolutely needed including k9. Installed liberty 1.5 and used TBU to install the non corrupted apps. Then used mybackup root to install the remaining bckuos of the apps TBU kept corrupting.

All in all, I'm smooth sailing now with liberty 1.5! This is the greatest ROM yet, and I've practically tried them all!

Sent via DX free with Liberty 1.5