Liberty 1.5 Known Issues

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Atleast im not the only one

My phone locked up today in the black off screen. Wouldn't come back on, took over five minutes before it would restart. I couldn't battery pull since I was driving and was depending on navigation. This is not the first time I've heard of this problem on Liberty, but it finally happened to me.

It was frustrating enough I almost considered going back to stock when I got home. I can't really convey how frustrating it is when you're depending on gps in unknown territory during rush hour to have your phone fail you. Its just not good.

I'm going to hope it doesn't happen again, but reporting it anyway in hopes there is a fix. I love Liberty far too much to quit on it now.

Sent from a Liberated Droid 2 <3

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

want a droid

Reaction score
Inverse I reported a problem much similar when 1.0 was about a week released. I was driving, using navigation when my phone just shut off and wouldn't turn on or respond in any way for a good few minutes.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

distvox

Reaction score
Font size doesn't work on mine either

lpulle

Reaction score
Is the TBH 3g wireless break working in 1.5---if not, will it work if I reinstall? I have never installed a ROM- -- so I will find bugs--all mine. Ha

inssane

Reaction score
Slider "untheming" in landscape
Major lag when navigation is plotting and rerouting (so much you need to close and re-enter route)
Laggy @ 1200LV - click the screen, half second later icon highlights, then opens app
Issues with using 3D versus 2D app - not letting me delete one and keep the other, making me keep both
Blur camera - click on picture icon in bottom left to go to last shot and it doesn't show you even the last few shots.

I had to put too much work into this ROM to make it work "right" and it's still inconsistent.
I love battery savings, but bye bye Liberty :(

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Major lag when navigation is plotting and rerouting (so much you need to close and re-enter route)
Laggy @ 1200LV - click the screen, half second later icon highlights, then opens app
Issues with using 3D versus 2D app - not letting me delete one and keep the other, making me keep both
Blur camera - click on picture icon in bottom left to go to last shot and it doesn't show you even the last few shots.

I had to put too much work into this ROM to make it work "right" and it's still inconsistent.

Huh.... I use navigation all the time and have not had a single issue. Can't really do anything about your overclocking issues.. Did you try and use the Liberty Toolbox to delete the Gallery you didn't want?.... Sorry but we do not have the source for the blur camera not really sure what you want me to do about that issue, as the ROM comes with a different app and we offer the Blur camera as a convenience.

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Atleast im not the only one

My phone locked up today in the black off screen. Wouldn't come back on, took over five minutes before it would restart. I couldn't battery pull since I was driving and was depending on navigation. This is not the first time I've heard of this problem on Liberty, but it finally happened to me.

It was frustrating enough I almost considered going back to stock when I got home. I can't really convey how frustrating it is when you're depending on gps in unknown territory during rush hour to have your phone fail you. Its just not good.

I'm going to hope it doesn't happen again, but reporting it anyway in hopes there is a fix. I love Liberty far too much to quit on it now.

Sent from a Liberated Droid 2 <3

So how many people have experienced this? Is it only when using the navigation? Are you overclocking? Have you installed any themes? have you installed and clock removal or data throttle mods? Please give me these detail when reporting an issue.

edwards2243

Reaction score
Blur Camera

Why do people want the Blur Camera...is it superior to the app that comes with 1.5? I don't see much of a difference, other than UI.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Why do people want the Blur Camera...is it superior to the app that comes with 1.5? I don't see much of a difference, other than UI.

That's why I like it. Plus it also has added tweaks for black/white, sepia, etc.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Big Ry

Reaction score
Found a new issue. In Gmail menu, the "more" button opens up to items with white text on a white background. I am on UD theme, but my Gmail and Gvoice didn't change over for some reason, so these issues are probably on stock liberty.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

droidxchat

Reaction score

By the way... there are separate slider icons for portrait and landscape in the framework. Your themer only themed portrait ones. Theme issue, not rom issue. I hope you'll come back to liberty when you realize its best of the best!

I'm having trouble getting FM radio to install. The service installs, but app doesn't show up. Deleted service and tried again with no success. Steady Hawkin said he got his working so ill keep trying.

jovapa

Reaction score
By the way... there are separate slider icons for portrait and landscape in the framework. Your themer only themed portrait ones. Theme issue, not rom issue. I hope you'll come back to liberty when you realize its best of the best!

I'm having trouble getting FM radio to install. The service installs, but app doesn't show up. Deleted service and tried again with no success. Steady Hawkin said he got his working so ill keep trying.

Had to try a couple of times to download & install the FM radio as well. Figureing it was an incomplete dl, i finally deleted the file in liberty > downloads and tried again. Worked fine then. *shrug*

droidxchat

Reaction score

Had to try a couple of times to download & install the FM radio as well. Figureing it was an incomplete dl, i finally deleted the file in liberty > downloads and tried again. Worked fine then. *shrug*

This worked for me, thanks!

jawonder

Reaction score
If i change to a live Wallpaper and then reboot or power my phone off when i turn it on back it reverts to the wallpaper i had before the live one