Liberty 1.5 Coming soon

pkbest

Reaction score
My DroidX will finally be able to end world hunger. Yesss!!!
Don't know if i'd stretch it that far lol

Excited for the new release.

@kejar, is this just a standard bug fix update or is it an AOSP source refresh? j/c

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Looking Forward to the update , let JR16 know, I wish him a speedy recovery, and you K31, Njoy your weekend get away..Don't have too much fun ok..We don't want you too exhausted while Blessing our DX:)

mcp770

Reaction score
Wallpapers are great and all but change logs are spectacular! Would love to see a list of the new goodies. Liberty is awesome btw.

Grogan

Reaction score
Get a droid x dancedroid
That's awesome....I had/still have a Droid 1 since last December and I replaced it with a droid X this December and I don't miss my droid 1 at all. Also I can't wait for the new release.dancedroid

I do miss the physical keyboard that my D1 had, not because texting was any better with it, but because of my gamegripper. Nothing, and i mean NOTHING beat that thing for being able to play the -oid emulators. I still wish they'd make something comparable to the X with a slider, I'm in love with the screen size, but for gaming, that physical keyboard has too many advantages. I'm still torn.

You could always connect a keyboard or wiimote via the wiimote app.

reznorfan0

Reaction score
That's awesome....I had/still have a Droid 1 since last December and I replaced it with a droid X this December and I don't miss my droid 1 at all. Also I can't wait for the new release.dancedroid

I do miss the physical keyboard that my D1 had, not because texting was any better with it, but because of my gamegripper. Nothing, and i mean NOTHING beat that thing for being able to play the -oid emulators. I still wish they'd make something comparable to the X with a slider, I'm in love with the screen size, but for gaming, that physical keyboard has too many advantages. I'm still torn.

You could always connect a keyboard or wiimote via the wiimote app.

I know, but none of those is as simple as carrying around a flat peice of rubber in your pocket that requires no extra batteries.

kcdroid

Reaction score
Get a droid x dancedroid

Yeah I guess that would be a big deal if u played a lot of games. But I didn't really except for like angry birds so it didn't hinder my decision to change. My biggest thing was that the x isn't able to flash different kernels like the og droid. Hopefully that will all change soon.

droidxchat

Reaction score
just out of curiosity regarding the aosp source refresh question...

say these apps in just the rom are compiled from the latest source, then someone puts a theme on top of the rom. most themes also theme a few of the apps, but they don't do this by modifying the existing app (the latest compiled app), they do it by replacing the app with an already modified one. Isn't it very likely that that already modified one is from an older source compilation, meaning if there were bug fixes made to the app at a recent date, the now themed version would not contain the fixes? Is there a chance we're sacrificing functionality through updates for aesthetics?

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
just out of curiosity regarding the aosp source refresh question...

say these apps in just the rom are compiled from the latest source, then someone puts a theme on top of the rom. most themes also theme a few of the apps, but they don't do this by modifying the existing app (the latest compiled app), they do it by replacing the app with an already modified one. Isn't it very likely that that already modified one is from an older source compilation, meaning if there were bug fixes made to the app at a recent date, the now themed version would not contain the fixes? Is there a chance we're sacrificing functionality through updates for aesthetics?

That's probably true of the lazy themer. I'm new to the theming game, but when a new version comes out, I plan to grab any apps that I choose to theme from the new rom, then just replace the images with my images.

That way the newest source is maintained while the theme is also applied.

Like I said, I'm not sure what the general rule is, but I can see some themers just copying over the older apk's and getting the job done fast.

droidxchat

Reaction score
That's probably true of the lazy themer. I'm new to the theming game, but when a new version comes out, I plan to grab any apps that I choose to theme from the new rom, then just replace the images with my images.

That way the newest source is maintained while the theme is also applied.

Like I said, I'm not sure what the general rule is, but I can see some themers just copying over the older apk's and getting the job done fast.

glad to hear you do quality work, which themes have you ported?

cydetrakd

Reaction score
well one addition will be one which is very important to me which is the first dx/d2 rom to use the asop dialer instead of the blurdialer and retain the ability to have custom ringtones for each dialer which had to put in some serious work to framework to make this happen. i appreciate you and jrummy taking the effort to solve this issue once and for all cause i've tried every dx/d2 rom and the only ones that custom tones work on are the one that use the motodialer.

I've always went back to roms like apex or squidlyrom but once i got a taste of the raw speed and ease of customization of libertyrom i havent back yet. i miss my callerid without the need to pull the phone of my case but its being resolved and probally a ton of more fixes and updates. So far this rom is like the cyanogenmod for users with android prison lockedbootloader phones. all we need now is the option to unlock the phone with the menu button instead of the slider.

Last edited:

anrichardson

Reaction score
well one addition will be one which is very important to me which is the first dx/d2 rom to use the asop dialer instead of the blurdialer and retain the ability to have custom ringtones for each dialer which had to put in some serious work to framework to make this happen. i appreciate you and jrummy taking the effort to solve this issue once and for all cause i've tried every dx/d2 rom and the only ones that custom tones work on are the one that use the motodialer.

I've always went back to roms like apex or squidlyrom but once i got a taste of the raw speed and ease of customization of libertyrom i havent back yet. i miss my callerid without the need to pull the phone of my case but its being resolved and probally a ton of more fixes and updates. So far this rom is like the cyanogenmod for users with android prison lockedbootloader phones. all we need now is the option to unlock the phone with the menu button instead of the slider.

No Lock app

jk12

Reaction score
WEAK tease---new wallpaper is hardly a "tease". Someone thinks they're google...or apple.