Liberty 1.5 and MetaMorph

tb110895

Reaction score
I'm trying to use MetaMorph (For the first time) with Liberty 1.5, but when I try to install battery icons, status backgrounds, or whatever, the phone reboots and they dont even theme. Any ideas why its not working or a common problem I might be making? Is it my ROM?
Thanks guys

WarMachin3

Reaction score
I too have tried this to get the R2 lock screen...I had no success what so ever it acts like everything goes well but again same results there is another app called lockit or something like it... the draw back is its another app that just runs on top of the lockscreen from the rom it was not the best either...

Sent from my liberated R2-D2... May the Force be with you always...

chrisl20

Reaction score
The reason why the r2d2 lock screen isn't being ported correctly by metamorph is liberty uses an aosp lock screen, which is blurless, so it doesn't use the zz_moto_etc..... it goes strictly off of ic_jog_etc... I was kinda pissed about that myself so, I made a pattern lock screen myself with the r2d2 buttons as well as just a regular lock screen, I am only using the pattern lock right now since I just flashed the oreoslice theme...if u want it, pm me and I can send u a zip file where u can use ninjamorph to replace them one by one if ur not comfortable using sdk, I guess I could look into how to make them metamorph friendly as well...and as far as ur battery icon(post1) I believe its because of the increments that liberty uses (10%) and a lot of the battery themes on droidpirate.com only have ten TOTAL png's and with the increments being smaller, you would need more pngs to cover all of them that the xml or script is trying to cover, so its using the old ones instead... ...hope this helps...sorry if I am leading u astray, I just woke up and am delerious still...

WarMachin3

Reaction score
Ok I understand that its possible but what I don't get is if its just metamorph that's not playing nice or if I use that ninja one and it will I'm sorry I didn't quite get it or is there something that will work or is it easy enough to make it play nice or do u have the r2 lock file for liberty

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

chrisl20

Reaction score
AOSP doesnt use blur pngs for the lockscreen...the r2d2 download from droidpirate uses the motoblur lockscreen...they arent compatible..you have to make them compatible....I do have the r2d2 lockscreen that works somewhere on my computer, when i get back home and get on my desktop ill find i and ill send it to you in a pm, after i figure out what method you should use

chrisl20

Reaction score
hey, i couldnt find the original lock screen r2d2 style that i did, I thought i saved it before my computer reformat but i guess i didnt, anyways, I just quickly redid the regular lock, and took the pattern lock off of my phone and put it in a metamorph zip off the website, replacing as need be. so, use metamorph on the attached zip and see if it works, I personally like the pattern, since i actually had more than 3 minutes put into editing it...ill work on the regular lock screen more once i get home and have time to, just did what i could on my lunch break man. Let me know if it doesnt work, then ill have you unzip and ninjamorph png by png. Or me just customize your current theme.

Attachments

• lockr2.zip
    46.7 KB · Views: 152

WarMachin3

Reaction score
Ok ill try this one and when u get time man I'm traveling today and its kinda a pain to mod this thing on the fly but thank you very much for ur help with all this just an after thought someone should make a r2 theme zip for liberty that would be sweet u know include the locker the boot sequence and some other items but that is the main things

chrisl20

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't know you wanted the entire r2d2 starwars theme..I have one, I didn't make it...but I did edit it quite a bit because I wanted the icons in my notification bar to be red, the themes overall coloring is black and silver I would say...once I get to my laptop ill post it up for you man

WarMachin3

Reaction score
Well I was totally un aware that even existed lol but again thanks

chrisl20

Reaction score
No problem man, did that metamorph zip file work for you? Or do u want/need me to post up a modified starwars theme for liberty1.5? Cuz I have my laptop n the car w me and can tether it on up for you.

WarMachin3

Reaction score
If its not too much trouble could you post the theme? Its been my overall goal to run a modified r2 u know I didn't try that metamorph one yet just cause I been visiting family...yay...