Lib v2.0 - Gingerbread

Pesti13nce

Reaction score
Going from Lib V2, (And 2.2.1) to the new GB, do i just need to flash to 2.2.0? SBF, and THEN get the 2.3 Rooted SBF that i see on the other sites? I'm a little confused as to exactly which way to go flashing my phone before i go about doing it. Thanks again.

pressguy27

Reaction score
You can flash the leak gb over liberty, just wipe data and cache. If you want you could sfb to stock for a clean install of gb. Just remember if you your going to liberty gb you have flash the leaked gb first

Sent from my DROID2

OP
P

Pesti13nce

Reaction score
So, assuming i wiped data and such I could just flash the leaked GB (Rooted) over liberty?

pressguy27

Reaction score
Yes it should work with no problems. The first boot of gb might take a few mins.

Sent from my DROID2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
http://www.droid-life.com/2011/03/29/how-to-root-gingerbread-on-droid-2/
OK it sounds like you're unsure. This is what you do. Dl this file. Its the prerooted gb leak for the d2. Use bootstraper and wipe data. Install zip from sd and pick this file. Reboot. You'll be on gb. If you want liberty gb, dl the toolbox and dl the latest nightly, go back into clockwork and wipe. Install the nightly which will be on the sd in liberty/nightlies. Reboot

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7-Droid addict

Last edited:
OP
P

Pesti13nce

Reaction score
Thanks, i'll give it a shot, i was a little unsure. I think i was reading to many threads on the subject and just overloaded.. ahaha

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's good that you research. So many do not. Keep it simple though. Also, just to be safe, after I wipe in cw, i like to go to mounts/storage and mount system and data just to ensure a solid install. It can't hurt and can only help. Then install the leak

OP
P

Pesti13nce

Reaction score
yup worked great, getting back into Lib now, one issue i noticed is the phone (When making calls) is SUPER quite. the volume says it's up all the way but it's def not. I'll have to do a little more research on the issue.

tnygigles66

Reaction score
yup worked great, getting back into Lib now, one issue i noticed is the phone (When making calls) is SUPER quite. the volume says it's up all the way but it's def not. I'll have to do a little more research on the issue.

Reboot?

10 characters

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was a common issue when jumping to gb. A reboot does the trick. Glad you're up and running!

OP
P

Pesti13nce

Reaction score
Well, thanks guys, hopefully people that were in my boat also find this thread. Sure worked wonders for me.

Mike55

Reaction score
So I dont have to sbf off lib v2? I tried flashing rooted gb befor than flashed the gb lib nightly and had tins of problems. It got so bad o couldn't text or email just call. I ended up sbfinf back to froyo. Kinda hesitant to try again

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums