LG's G3 Reportedly Outselling The Samsung Galaxy S5 by Three to One in South Korea

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
s5_vs_g3.jpg

According to the latest mobile smartphone sales reports out of South Korea, the brand new LG G3 smartphone flagship is selling 25,000-30,000 units per day since its launch May 28th. This is outpacing sales of the Samsung Galaxy S5 by a 3-to-1 margin. Supposedly, the Galaxy S5 only sold at a rate of 7,000 to 8,000 per day in right after its launch. If this report is accurate, it could be a sign that the luster for Samsung is finally wearing off for consumers.

At first blush it's hard to believe, but if you factor in the big marketing push from LG in South Korea and pair that with the phone's premium looking materials and the world's first QHD display (amongst other high-end hardware), the picture becomes plausible. To be clear, LG has a long way to go before they will catch up with sales of the SGS5 globally. Regardless, this is nothing but good for LG's reputation and could be a sign of a future in which the smartphone industry is not dominated by an Apple/Samsung duopoly.

It will be interesting to see if LG can make any strong headway in the other 100 countries in which they launched the G3.

Source: Phandroid

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
LG mkes some great products from phones to washing machines. I recently bought an LG Smart TV. It puts my Sammy TV to shame.

Bara65

Reaction score
The article fails to mention the sales ban on carriers at the time of S5 launch in Korea. That skews the number in favor of LG. After the sales ban period, I think S5 sales picked up its usual rate and it's already reported to break S3, S4 global record for first month. No doubt G3 looks like a great phone, but we need more time (maybe a full quarter) to verify its sales success against S5.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good info Bara65. Thanks for the clarification.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Plus LG is a Korean company while Sammy is Japanese. Gotta be a bit of old fashioned country loyalty there too.

Curious, what was the ban for?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I think the G3 will be the phone of the year.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I am still in love with my G2. LG is definitely heading in the right direction with their phones, building a solid product instead of relying on fancy advertising to sell their devices. I may have to get my hands on the G3 whenever I can if it holds up to everything I've heard so far.

And I'd really love to see a company stick it to Samsung.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I am still in love with my G2. LG is definitely heading in the right direction with their phones, building a solid product instead of relying on fancy advertising to sell their devices. I may have to get my hands on the G3 whenever I can if it holds up to everything I've heard so far.

And I'd really love to see a company stick it to Samsung.

I'm waiting for the 32/3g