LG's and LG G2 keyboards issue

heycal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G2
Hi folks - I just got an LG G2, and switched over to swiftkey. However, occasionally, and randomly it seems, a little keyboard icon will appear at the top of the screen, and when it I tap it, it says something like 'choose input method - swiftkey'. But of course, I've already chosen it, and that's what I want permanently. Rebooted to no avail. I've probably seen it about 5 times now in the three or so days I've had the phone.

This also happened on my old LG Lucid for about two years straight. Never knew why.

What is going on? Is this an LG problem? And can it be solved, or will I be looking at two more years of a little keyboard popping up from time to time for no apparent reason if I decide to keep this phone?

OP
H

heycal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G2
Question 2: I'm using light flow, which I generally love, and handcent which I don't love as much but it allows the huge fonts I want. When a message comes in, a little handcent icon appear at the top of the screen. When I pull it down, it shows the message in both handcent and in lightflow. Can I get rid of the lightflow pulldown message? I don't need to see my mesage twice, and if I accidentally press light flow instead of handcent, it takes me into the lightflow app, which is not where I want to be.

OP
H

heycal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G2
Issues 1 and 2: Solved, and solved!

Next issue: how can I get the little notication bar to stop offering up this "wifi networks detected, tap to set-up' prompt when I go certain places? I never saw this on iphone, don't want to see it now, and have to assume it's wasting a little juice in the process.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
This seeing is under Wi-Fi settings...look fo under the advanced settings...turn off Wi-Fi notifications

OP
H

heycal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G2
This seeing is under Wi-Fi settings...look fo under the advanced settings...turn off Wi-Fi notifications

The Verizon version of the phone doesn't have this setting.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
6ec16db57824e7d591eb6758cf63d744.jpg

OP
H

heycal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G2
^^^
Your screen looks very different from mine. And I still don't see any option on yours that says "turn off wifi notifcations".

Mine does and it's a Verizon g2

Are you sure? I've since learned from others that they believe Verizon doesn't offer this option.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Go into settings / Wi-Fi/
From this screen...
1e237203b02d344e4ae42193fdb21ce2.jpg

Then hit your menu button and select ADVANCED..

28af018650f42ae43b921e4e0ad9102b.jpg

Then from this screen select to uncheck notifications

OP
H

heycal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G2
Go into settings / Wi-Fi/
From this screen...
1e237203b02d344e4ae42193fdb21ce2.jpg

Then hit your menu button and select ADVANCED..

28af018650f42ae43b921e4e0ad9102b.jpg

Then from this screen select to uncheck notifications

My Verizon version screen under "advanced wifi" is different from this one, and does not offer that notification option.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Then you may need to reset your device to factory using the Verizon software assistant on your pc

OP
H

heycal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G2
Then you may need to reset your device to factory using the Verizon software assistant on your pc

This is the second G2 I've had. The first one didn't have that option either. Plus, others say Verizon's version does not offer it. An inquiry with a Verizon tech support seemed to confirrm this well.

So, doing a factory reset under these circumstances seems a bad move.