LGBv1.95 Forced Me Out of Hiding

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by HorsePony, May 26, 2011.

1. HorsePony

HorsePony Member

Ratings:
    +10
    LGBv1.92 Forced Me Out of Hiding

Edit: sorry for titling this "1.95....." Was too eager to throw my thoughts down and mis-typed.

So I've been a lurker here on the Droid Forums for quite some time now. Only Droid I've ever owned has been the OG Droid and it's still my current phone. Just as early as January of this year, I couldn't wait to early upgrade, taking really close looks at the TBolt and the much-maligned Bionic (of which I was REALLY looking forward to). Then a buddy turned me onto rooting....then on to custom ROMs...then I went crazy from there.

I ran Bugless to start and was relatively happy with the vanilla stability of it, but kept hearing from friends how CM7 was pure rock. Tried it...just gave me a lot of trouble and, though I liked a couple of the features it brought, I found that it was just too unstable for my phone and had to go back to trying other ROMs until finally going back to Bugless. But I kept trolling here...and I kept reading...and that's when I started seeing all the awesome feedback about this Liquid guy. ;)

I've been running Liquid now since 1.7...changing with every new update you've brought forth. I just finished up flashing 1.92. And this is why I finally had to take the veil off, create an account, and get the ability to say "THANK YOU, LIQUID." It was my buddy who I have to thank for rooting my phone and introducing me to the wonder of custom ROMs, but it's YOUR ROM that has made me fall madly, madly in love with my OG Droid all over again, compelling me to forget about checking my Pulse app for any new nugget of news about upcoming phone releases on VZW and such because now, well, I just don't care about when I need/want to upgrade. Because of your ROMs, I simply don't want to say goodbye to my OG Droid in any kind of near future.

I'm really sorry for this long-winded post, Liquid. I just really needed to express my gratitude for your passion to create these ROMs and passing along that passion to everyone else who gets to enjoy the fruits of your labor. I find your ROMs simply stunning and levels upon levels over the rest. I know I can say these things with confidence because I will stray and try out other ROMs on their releases for the hell of it at times, but then I'm always compelled to come back to yours.

Thanks for your support for this device and thank you for the professionalism that you put behind your work. It's stunning and I do believe you have a new fan in me for as long as you dedicate your time here.

Again...sorry. Flashed 1.92....had a lotta respect and love for what you put into it...had to create a damn account just to tell you. LOL
    And my next stop will be to send a donation your way. With all I've benefited from using Liquid, it would be a crime and an affront for me NOT to.

(Though I won't be so silent on these forums anymore, I certainly won't be so wordy, either) ;)

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again, good sir.

#1 HorsePony, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 27, 2011
  2. -iD

-iD Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Methinks u mean you've been lurking rather than trolling.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. HorsePony

HorsePony Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Yes...LOL.

Man, all KINDS o' typos in my first Droid Forum post ever.
    Call me a rookie. :)

4. liquid0624

liquid0624 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks horse pony really appreciate this post and your gratitude :)

5. lfylove

lfylove Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Lol i was like liquid 1.95! Then aweeeeeee

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

6. HorsePony

HorsePony Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Ha! Yeah....I was able to go back and edit, but alas, no editing thread titles. :(

7. WarLocK959

WarLocK959 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, so cool, s'like LiquidIce!!

I too have an OG Droid, and tried every rom and kernel conceivable to get it how I wanted it... Simply Stunning was just that.. Beautiful, but that's it. Battery sucked, FC nonstop, etc... just buggy. SD7 was good also, it actually got me to try something OTHER than CM6.0.0, it was likewise.... "heavy," and cumbersome... Did the CM7 thing, actually got it running pretty smooth, too.. Lock in home, disable dither, etc. etc., but still had occasional FCs and the data disco and RAM issues were just too much to handle. Ended up back with CM6.0.0 w/ADW and refused to try ANYTHING else. Kept hearing about Bugless, and UD, could never get them to even boot. And THEN.... GB on the D1.. So I tried LiquidGingerBread and NOW... NOW, I'm all like dancedroid and junk, man!!! ANY how, just wanted to agree, and say thanks!! Will definitely donate when able. Also would go NUTS for anything from Liquid for the Epic, it NEEDS .... something...

#7 WarLocK959, May 27, 2011
    Last edited: May 27, 2011
  8. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Man I love threads like this, not sarcastically either. So many people go on and on complaining and it gets old. I agree LGB is stellar and has also kept me from upgrading and spending lots of dough on a new phone for the time being. So the donations I drop here and there are well worth it.

Liquid you keep being the man because :yr1:

And Horsepony you keep being the polite person you are, what a breathe of fresh air dancedroid

9. doublea500

doublea500 Active Member

Ratings:
    +13
    "Yes you can"

i thought you could change the title if you click go advanced

Click edit then go advanced, thats how you change the title:D

10. HorsePony

HorsePony Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Oh! Muy awesome!
    Didn't see the advanced....did it, now all is right in the world and not giving people heart attacks thinking Liquid's skipped ahead a few builds in my thread title! Haha.

Thanks again!

11. HorsePony

HorsePony Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks, JSM! You're one of the posters I would always rely on when Liquid threw out a new build and I would check out some of your comments on it prior to my flashing it. Like I said...lurker on here for quite a while. :)

And perhaps I was polite...I view it as honesty instead. I can't really express how much more my OG Droid means to me now that I'm comfortably running LGB on it. When I think about the eventual day when I do upgrade to another phone for whatever reason, I fondly look at my Droid now (that I've nicknamed "Vader" for quite some time) and get slightly sentimental as if I were thinking of putting my cat down or something...LOL.

Seriously...when the Bionic (or something else that's pretty badass) comes out that would be a suitable replacement for Vader, I think Liquids ROMs will give me the comfort zone of enjoying my D1 3-6 months into the new phone's initial launch...not needing to head out to get it, like, THAT week or month it comes out, y'know?

Feeling stalky and a little Fatal Attractiony....so I will let up now. LOL

I'll just get back to my new enjoyment of being a part of this community now. dancedroid

12. illmatic636

illmatic636 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    This thread will make me load up Liquid 1.92 from Steel Droid 7.
    I need to see what the fuss is all about:)

Thanks for the opinion OP

Search tags for this page
interactivex vs on demand

lgbv1.92.zip

overclock sm-n900v