LGB v0.9

chefb

Reaction score
Maybe this update..v9 will allow us to update google voice and terminal emulator?...and after hours of downloading attempts why is the file name incomplete?...no (.zip)?

Reaction score
Maybe this update..v9 will allow us to update google voice and terminal emulator?...and after hours of downloading attempts why is the file name incomplete?...no (.zip)?

I think it's been reported that if you uninstall them and then reinstall them from the market, you'll have the latest versions and then on be able to update them.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Are you for real, what horse did you ride in on?

Its not like we are offering v0.9 up for free to people who didn't pay. Everyone that was requesting the zip file had already paid, because they were trying to get it from the Pro toolbox. This version was all jacked up from the beginning, whether it was not correctly named (not a .zip file), or not being able to get a complete download, even on WiFi.

We are not trying to pirate anything. We all support the Liberty Team (as we have all bought the donate version).

If you feel like ranting about piracy why don't you head over to a torrent site and let them have some of your opinions. The files are probably being uploaded as we speak. Or better yet, I'm sure there is about 17 threads on this site right now discussing if tethering is ethical or morally correct. I'm sure they would love to hear your opinions.

I've seen you be very helpful before, I believe you are pointing at the wrong group of people.

Plus android is open by default, I know they "own" the ROM or whatever, but we can legally do whatever we want with the files. They develop these ROMs because they want to, not because I asked. I will always support the dev community, but you just need to chill a bit.

chaos254

Reaction score

i installed the file through the toolbox without it being a zip with no issues. if your installing through clockwork then add .zip to the end.

Reaction score
Are you for real, what horse did you ride in on?

Its not like we are offering v0.9 up for free to people who didn't pay. Everyone that was requesting the zip file had already paid, because they were trying to get it from the Pro toolbox. This version was all jacked up from the beginning, whether it was not correctly named (not a .zip file), or not being able to get a complete download, even on WiFi.

We are not trying to pirate anything. We all support the Liberty Team (as we have all bought the donate version).

If you feel like ranting about piracy why don't you head over to a torrent site and let them have some of your opinions. The files are probably being uploaded as we speak. Or better yet, I'm sure there is about 17 threads on this site right now discussing if tethering is ethical or morally correct. I'm sure they would love to hear your opinions.

I've seen you be very helpful before, I believe you are pointing at the wrong group of people.

Plus android is open by default, I know they "own" the ROM or whatever, but we can legally do whatever we want with the files. They develop these ROMs because they want to, not because I asked. I will always support the dev community, but you just need to chill a bit.

Actually, you can't legally do whatever you want with them. And as for the torrent sites, I don't give them my business. And this isn't about a big company trying to extort a $40/mo+ fee for something that should be included in the already-sky-high rates. You're trying to defer the argument to something that would make your point more relevant. It's not working.

It doesn't matter that this version is jacked up. The point is that its THEIR jacked up version, and they'll do with it as they please. If they want you to have it, they'll give it to you. If they want to fix it first, they'll do that. Otherwise nobody has any business distributing their work without their permission.

Furthermore, you have no idea who did and did not pay for the Pro version of the Liberty toolbox, therefore, if you are distributing the file, you don't know whether you're giving it to someone who has a legit claim to it or not. So what you need to do is stay out of it. Let the devs do their work.

chefb

Reaction score
What is the correct file size..just making sure its not corrupt ...thanks in advance.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Actually, you can't legally do whatever you want with them. And as for the torrent sites, I don't give them my business. And this isn't about a big company trying to extort a $40/mo+ fee for something that should be included in the already-sky-high rates. You're trying to defer the argument to something that would make your point more relevant. It's not working.

It doesn't matter that this version is jacked up. The point is that its THEIR jacked up version, and they'll do with it as they please. If they want you to have it, they'll give it to you. If they want to fix it first, they'll do that. Otherwise nobody has any business distributing their work without their permission.

Furthermore, you have no idea who did and did not pay for the Pro version of the Liberty toolbox, therefore, if you are distributing the file, you don't know whether you're giving it to someone who has a legit claim to it or not. So what you need to do is stay out of it. Let the devs do their work.

Ok ok. The defense rests. We were just trying to help everyone get the most up-to-date file. I don't even think anyone posted links or PM'd the files to anyone. It was just a general discussion about trying to get the newest version and you came in accusing and threatening everyone of piracy. Let's just move past this and focus on the things we love most, Android and the Liberty ROM. I believe your point has been made.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
What is the correct file size..just making sure its not corrupt ...thanks in advance.

Type of File: File
Description: lgbdx09main
Size: 126 MB (132,916,745 bytes)
Size on disk: 126 MB (132,939,776 bytes)

This is what I'm rolling with.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
124.59 mb for the d2 file.

I'm sure if the devs care enough, they'll take care of it. They don't need anyone fighting battles for them. I think they're big boys, right? I could also understand if it was a major update, but there's no need to argue about an updated superuser and market. Everyone, take your valium ;) haha

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

Last edited:

chefb

Reaction score
Thanks guys....but I can't seem to uninstal the google voice app. It does not show uninstall .

chaos254

Reaction score
Thanks guys....but I can't seem to uninstal the google voice app. It does not show uninstall .

go into liberty toolbox, app management, remove apps, system apps, check box for voice search and then click on the trash can.

DroidMcNugget1

Reaction score
Upgraded from .08 to.09 and now when i get an sms or mms only see phone number shows up no names or pictures for ID , am i missing something.

billymayshere

Reaction score
I am using rooted .595 and I cannot get any of the LGB's to work. None of them allow me to have 3G data. I can get phone calls and texts just fine but nothing that uses data works. I have tried V.07-.09 and they all do the same thing.

What am I doing wrong? I wipe the data, cache, etc when I install it. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I have liberty AND data?! :(

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I am using rooted .595 and I cannot get any of the LGB's to work. None of them allow me to have 3G data. I can get phone calls and texts just fine but nothing that uses data works. I have tried V.07-.09 and they all do the same thing.

What am I doing wrong? I wipe the data, cache, etc when I install it. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I have liberty AND data?! :(

Liberty GB is now based off of the .596 rooted OTA.

What does your baseband end with (.07P or .12P)? This is your radio.

This happened to me one time, a few versions ago, I just reflashed the Liberty zip and my data came back. With you saying you are on the .595, I would check the radio first, then go from there.