LGB V.1 Not on nightlies?

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
I bet half of you guys don't realize u probably didn't delete the .1 zip. I still have it. I have em all.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Rezael

Reaction score
I have them .1 .4 .5 .6 but I don't think this guy does.

zer0ed77

Reaction score
I actually kind of agree with the original poster. They pulled those upgrade path files from Liberty Toolbox as soon as they mentioned 2.0.1 is no longer supported. I need to upgrade my gf's device to Liberty GB, but also have to SBF to do so. I heard there is a way to NOT have to do that. The last thing I want to do so SBF.

I do not believe the files should have been pulled that quickly. I also paid for the toolbox and kind of feel left behind with my gf's device. Think of it more as supporting folks who want to be on Liberty GB, versus no longer supporting 2.0.1 users.

If anyone knows how to do this without SBFing, please let me know.

Thanks!

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
We pulled all the previous nightlies because we wanted people to be on the official OTA base before installing Liberty to make sure everyone was starting from the same position. It was simply a choice of wanting consistency among the users in terms of the 'flash' path so that we could keep things simple.

I do see your issues with our removing those previous files and I'll talk with jrummy and see if we can work out another solution. We originally intended to include the zips you'd be able to find over at MDW, but P3 was unhappy with that. I'd wager it is because he needs the popularity and the ad revenue.

I don't have a timeline to offer at this time, but I do thank you for your input and hopefully we'll be able to work something out in the near future.

zer0ed77

Reaction score
We pulled all the previous nightlies because we wanted people to be on the official OTA base before installing Liberty to make sure everyone was starting from the same position. It was simply a choice of wanting consistency among the users in terms of the 'flash' path so that we could keep things simple.

I do see your issues with our removing those previous files and I'll talk with jrummy and see if we can work out another solution. We originally intended to include the zips you'd be able to find over at MDW, but P3 was unhappy with that. I'd wager it is because he needs the popularity and the ad revenue.

I don't have a timeline to offer at this time, but I do thank you for your input and hopefully we'll be able to work something out in the near future.

Thank you, sir!!! Big help!!!

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
Maybe jrummy can add a "older releases" tab to the rom manager section of liberty toolbox?

oneunder311

Reaction score
The easiest way, if you have to SBF, is to use this which does the whole SBF process for you. Then use the Droid Life instructions found here (use the instructions from Froyo) to get to .496 and use Liberty Toolbox from that point to get to .7. I have done it multiple times and the entire process may take 30 minutes at most and you have a very clean install to work with.

yurdle

Reaction score
If you don't feel like dealing with the windows drivers you can use the sbf live cd that was put together... on my phone so I can't provide a link but its not too hard to find... its only a few megabytes larger than the actual sbf.zip file and all you have to do is burn it to a cd and reboot your computer.

But sbf is definitely the way to go.

Edit: oh just realized he^^^ provided a link to it :)