1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

LGB V.1 Not on nightlies?

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by rayne58, Jun 9, 2011.

1. rayne58

rayne58 New Member

This is pissing me off now lol I just bought the donate for this sole reason and its not even on it...
  2. cheesebeard

cheesebeard New Member

Why would you want v0.1? It's based off a leaked build of Gingerbread, you want v0.7 for the latest.
  3. rayne58

rayne58 New Member

Im coming from Froyo...simplest way but I guess I got ****ed and wasted 5 dollars lol
  4. cjriddle22

cjriddle22 New Member

The simplest way now, from Froyo, is to install the two part rooted GB. Then just flash v0.7 over it. There is no need to go to v0.1 anymore, plus you would have to install v0.1 (which was a leak), then install v0.5 (with the kernel update, still a leak), then install v0.7.

It's just $5, they deserve the donation.
  5. Kasey Krehbiel

Kasey Krehbiel New Member

You didn't waste $5. The Liberty team is providing you a much more useful product than any game you'd waste $60 on. Your donation and everyone else's helps convince the Liberty team to keep up the great work!

Besides. Now you get the latest version before anyone else does. Non-donate users are stuck on LGB 0.6.
  6. rayne58

rayne58 New Member

It says I have to sbf back to original froyo...that isnt very easy i hate sbf'in unless I can just flash it over the 2.01?
  7. Rezael

Rezael New Member

Its easy to install just dl the 2 part rooted gb. Drop in sd card. Install them via clockwork recovery. (Use DROID 2 bootstrapper) then redownload the liberty. 7 and flash ftw. I recommend using the liberty app to download the rom but manually flashing it on cwr.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  8. rayne58

rayne58 New Member

Can I flash the 2 part overliberty 2.01 or do I have to SBF to original Froyo like the instructions say
  9. Rezael

Rezael New Member

I would sbf. Z4root and then download DROID 2 bootstrapper. I have all these files and will send them to u if u do not. Then install 2 part gb rooted. And then liberty gb. That's what I have and I love it. This will lessen your chances for bootlooping as they all are clean installs.

Btw I always keep z4 root and DROID 2 bootstrapper on my sd card for emergencies.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  10. cjriddle22

cjriddle22 New Member

Yes, you will need to SBF. It's not that bad at all, takes like 15 minutes. Plus you will be starting with a totally new install, not Froyo pieces left over. I originally upgraded via the v0.1, etc, but I ended up SBF'ing, installing the 2 part GB anyways b/c I was having some compatibility issues.
  11. rayne58

rayne58 New Member

If you could send me the two part that would be great...the links are down here
    Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread - Something for everyone
  12. rayne58

rayne58 New Member

nvm I used the alternate links doh lol
  13. Rezael

Rezael New Member

You'll have to wait till I get home. I have z4 root and DROID 2 bootstrapper on my phone as those can be a pain to find. But the 2 part is easily downloaded.

14. rayne58

rayne58 New Member

I have both z4 and d2 bs...just need the SBF file and moto drivers
  15. Rezael

Rezael New Member

There was a link around here with a page w
    That has all the files you need. Ill look for it in a bit.

16. SupraRZ95

SupraRZ95 New Member

I bet half of you guys don't realize u probably didn't delete the .1 zip. I still have it. I have em all.

17. Rezael

Rezael New Member

I have them .1 .4 .5 .6 but I don't think this guy does.

18. zer0ed77

zer0ed77 New Member

I actually kind of agree with the original poster. They pulled those upgrade path files from Liberty Toolbox as soon as they mentioned 2.0.1 is no longer supported. I need to upgrade my gf's device to Liberty GB, but also have to SBF to do so. I heard there is a way to NOT have to do that. The last thing I want to do so SBF.

I do not believe the files should have been pulled that quickly. I also paid for the toolbox and kind of feel left behind with my gf's device. Think of it more as supporting folks who want to be on Liberty GB, versus no longer supporting 2.0.1 users.

If anyone knows how to do this without SBFing, please let me know.

Thanks!
  19. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member Premium Member Developer

We pulled all the previous nightlies because we wanted people to be on the official OTA base before installing Liberty to make sure everyone was starting from the same position. It was simply a choice of wanting consistency among the users in terms of the 'flash' path so that we could keep things simple.

I do see your issues with our removing those previous files and I'll talk with jrummy and see if we can work out another solution. We originally intended to include the zips you'd be able to find over at MDW, but P3 was unhappy with that. I'd wager it is because he needs the popularity and the ad revenue.

I don't have a timeline to offer at this time, but I do thank you for your input and hopefully we'll be able to work something out in the near future.
  20. zer0ed77

zer0ed77 New Member

Thank you, sir!!! Big help!!!