LGB v.07: How do I run fix_version.liberty_script?

SeanRinVA

Reaction score
I'm on the 1st v.07 that shows it still as v.06. I'm not sure how to turn on automatic updates as I've read where that fixes the issue. I've re-flashed, but I don't want to wipe and re-flash.

So...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tstahovi

Reaction score
Mine was doing the same thing, after I rebooted phone again I checked my about phone and it said v.0.7 but the pulldown bar still says v.0.6

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

Sithlrdvad

Reaction score
Just check Auto Updates on the Liberty Settings and reboot.

For the pull down bar you can just edited yourself. Jrummy edits this for us on each build, he just forgot like other times that's all.

tstahovi

Reaction score
It won't let me edit my pulldown text, I save and reboot and its the same.not to worried about it though. but I was just letting dude know that he could be on v0.7 but his pulldown could say v0.6 .. Just check in your About Phone setting it will tell you there

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

GTX1

Reaction score
Yeah, I just went through the build.prop and fixed it myself, along with the pulldown editor.

kilahimm

Reaction score
If editing in the toolbox isn't changing the pulldown text for you try changing through root tools. Open terminal->roottools pulldown_text and follow the instructions.

Animal

Reaction score
Interesting issue here...

After flashing v0.7 mine was showing v0.6 in the pull down bar just as everyone else. I never noticed if it still said v0.6 in "About Phone" before I rebooted a couple times while flashing Gingercomb Juiced. The first time I actually checked it, it said v0.7 as it should.

Now the interesting bit is that I edited the pull down bar some time after that... and it read as I wrote it until this morning when I woke up. Like magic it now reads "Liberty GB v0.7" as it should have from the beginning. Not only that but all attempts at editing the pull down bar back to what I wanted have failed. At least what's stuck there is actually correct... but I wish I had an explanation.

Update! - Just tried pull down edit again through the customizer and it worked. Still it was odd.

Note: My entire Liberty experience has been quite painless and super smooth. Perhaps when I've a moment I'll post a thread with the exact steps I took to get where I am if it would be helpful. I had some of the issues that others have experienced but they have resolved themselves (such as the calender closing when I tried to add an event).

The ONLY issue I'm having now is with the video camera. After taking a video, if I open the gallery to view it, the picture shown (with the play button superimposed as it should be) is not of the video I just took but of another previously recorded video. If I select it to play it will open to the correct video... but it will only show in landscape. In portrait mode I only get the audio. Using AOSP cam and gallery. If I should create a thread on this issue let me know.

Last edited:

kilahimm

Reaction score
jrummy posted on twitter that he pushed a fix to DX users for the version number via the automatic update feature in Liberty. If you have that feature enabled that may explain why the version number changed the first time. For me the only way I was able to edit the pull down bar successfully was using root tools through the terminal. Worth a shot if you haven't tried it yet.

Animal

Reaction score
jrummy posted on twitter that he pushed a fix to DX users for the version number via the automatic update feature in Liberty. If you have that feature enabled that may explain why the version number changed the first time. For me the only way I was able to edit the pull down bar successfully was using root tools through the terminal. Worth a shot if you haven't tried it yet.

This would explain it... if the pushed update for the pull down was separate (as in just happened last night) from the push that fixed it in "about phone". As I said it read correctly there the first time I checked it and I did get the changelog when I first flashed v0.7 so I wasn't concerned with the pull down at the time... I have always had the auto update enabled. Thanks.