LGB performing much slower then LFY

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by mwheat, Apr 16, 2011.

1. mwheat

mwheat New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just curious if it is just me or if others are noticing the same thing. Using 1100 core on both, but find LGB very sluggish at times and even unresponsive at times. Also, my quadrant scores dropped from over 1450 (LFY 1.95) o just 1100 on LGB.

I've tried 1.5 and 1.6.... even tried PEv5 to see if it performed the same.

I wipe multiple times between build outs.

Battery life is good

This happening to anyone else or just my phone?

2. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +42
    must be your phone ...

I was once very skeptical when ginger talk was floating around these parts, thinking that the OG droid would never handle gingerbread. Boy did Liquid prove me wrong.

yeah I score lower quadrants, but I tend to go by how the phone reacts to my touch. Smooth and crisp!

I finally deleted the LFY1.96 nandroid I had...

3. skruid

skruid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LGB is way faster,must be your phone I am running 1.6 and it is smooth and fast as hell, but the last two builds I have had sdcard issues, saying that SD card isn't mounted when I go to use camera, I go to setting and unmount sdcard and remount and it works for three pictures then I got to unmount and remount

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4. skruid

skruid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Those quaderant scores aren't really accurate, the test GPU and not CPU, plus all these people that run these quaderant scores, force stop all there apps and run the quaderant, IMO if your where gonna run a quaderant you would leave what you would normally have running and then run the quaderant, because you don't run you phone with all those apps shutdown, should be run under normal work loads to get true quaderant score, sorry just my opinion

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

5. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +42
    may be time to clear the card and reformat it...
    just move anything like pics and music to pc first. Any backups from launcher and nandroid also. if you want to move everything you can but upon reboot android will make all need folders for apps etc...

6. mwheat

mwheat New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting feedback so far.

I like the idea of reformattings the SD card, but mainly because it just needs to be cleaned up. Don't think it us a primary issue when it comes to speed. When I re-flash LFY, my speeds go right back up.

7. beachbum25

beachbum25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Before you go through the trouble of wiping your sd and reloading files try flashing a new RZK kernel. 1.6 was crushing my phone just lagging and hanging up and that is weird for one of these roms so i disabled the built in clocking and am now using setcpu with that kernel alone and it is running well. I have to agree with mostly everyone as far as the quadrant goes, it's cool when it's up there but just frustrating when it's low but running well. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Disclaimer

****Keep in mind that this is what fixed my phone and all phones are different. This is my 5th OG droid, and worst, but they have all been very different in how they react with roms and kernels.****

8. liquid0624

liquid0624 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Kernel is most likely the issue

9. kylo77

kylo77 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am seeing slugishness with my LGB 1.6 as well. First thought I had was going back to LFY but let's try changing the kernal first. Where can I download the latest version?

10. beachbum25

beachbum25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/raidzero/124467-kernels-low-voltage-2-6-32-9-a.html

I have been using these and they have worked well on my last three phones my current phone will only run as high as 1100 but silky smooth. May want to give them a spin but as always keep something else on hand in case all hell breaks loose. trust me on that one.

11. javaman70

javaman70 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    In settings go to liquid settings and then goodies

Sent from Droid Running Liquid's LGB 1.52

12. kylo77

kylo77 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I switched back to LGB 1.52 today after my phone became too sluggish... Any screen touch had at least a 4 to 5 second delay. Reboot did not make is any better. I loaded the Corcor 1100mhz kernal in the Goodies section.

As soon as I loaded up a previous 1.52 image the phone was back up to speed. I'll stick with this for the time being.