LGB 2.3 Issues

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by crxlvr, Jul 15, 2011.

1. crxlvr

crxlvr New Member

So I dont know if this is just my phone, but it seems most of the 2.0 releases have given me bugs. On this build i wiped everything 3 times, and didnt even install half of the programs i had from my 2.2 build. Anyway just some noticed errors / glitches / bugs I have found so far. The power button when in camera mode does not act as a shutter button even with that option checked, it merely turns the screen off like usual. Screen does not re-draw properly after waking device, usually only get the dock bar and part of the fancy widget pro clock i have. Despite having 7.6GB of free space on my card and 58mb of free internal space, i can not download even the smallest updates without recieivng an insuffiecient disk space message.
  2. crxlvr

crxlvr New Member

as a follow up, i sent 99% of my apps to SD card so now i have: 36.2mb/147mb free system rom, 199mb/274mb free of internal, and 7.71GB/15.9gb free of sd card
  3. alucard9114

alucard9114 New Member

just had a major crash when making a phone call then receiving a phone call phone had no mic then froze and booted in bootloader mode the original droid bootloader too?????
    had to pull the battery
  4. sandfreak

sandfreak New Member

i downloaded and installed last night....ran into problems all day today so I just did a fresh download and install.

Still in the process of setting everything up but I'm hoping this fixes my problems.

I'll report back if this doesn't solve my issues.
  5. chris79

chris79 Member

Were you using the Smartsss governor on your call lockups? I was using that governor and had the same problem as soon as I switch to on demand ive had no problem since.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  6. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy New Member

About the only issues I have had with 2.3 so far, when answering an incoming call, the caller could not hear me but I coukd hear them, but that could also be simply a weak signal issue. Only other thing would be battery life seems to be shorter, Ive tried tweaking sampling rate & up threshold with no noticable improvement, but then again this is my original battery going on 2 years so its a good possibility the battery is nearing the end of its life.
  7. alucard9114

alucard9114 New Member

yo hrd it sounds like we are in the same boat i have had the droid since 2 months after it came out.if you go back to liquid 1.85 your battery will last longer
  8. Mikejl

Mikejl Member

I started getting this issue with LGB 2.2 and then again with 2.3. I would get no mic and lockups after a successfully received call. Didn't matter if I was using Smartass or On Demand.

Glad to know it's not just my phone having the problem.

Mike
  9. kahless1984

kahless1984 New Member

I am also experiencing the no space to install apps or updates...
    Tried moving everything to sd, factory reset, etc...
    Anyone else have this problem?
  10. Domopanda

Domopanda New Member

Is anyone else having the issue that the new Market 3.0.26 keeps running in the background using about 20mb after installing an update?

11. sandfreak

sandfreak New Member

I don't know what it is but I just cant get this rom to play nice with my phone. 2 fresh downloads and installs and it is still unusable.

Every app keeps lagging and then I get an "Activity...whatever...is not responding"

And i'm being completely serious when i say every app.

I've never run into this problem before so I have no idea how to fix it
  12. jcfitz

jcfitz New Member

I had this problem on one of the nightlies just before v2.3, and thought it was my 3G/Wifi not updating the data quickly. I say data rate cause it was usually Words w/ friends, FB, G+, spotify and tweetcaster that would slow my phone down upon load. But after putting 2.3 on, it stopped.
  13. packfan678

packfan678 New Member

Attempted to install themed status bar, but the phone restarted and when I unlock the phone it is a black screen. D1

update: I reinstalled and I cant get any of the themed or stock apps to download. When I attempt to install the themed version of an app it delete the stock version and never downloads the themed version. When I try to download the stock apps from the goodies menu they fail to download.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  14. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy New Member

When u ran that, did u get a "force close" box pop up? if so, did u click on it to force close? if u did, that may be why, u should have just let run, it would have closed itself then rebooted. Since that does "hot boot" after it runs, have u yet rebooted your ph normally yet? That may help as well, In previous builds when I ran the "wipe dalvic cache" after it "hot booted" all my apps & data were seemingly gone, then I rebooted normally & everything returned.
  15. packfan678

packfan678 New Member

Yeah I got a force close. I waited and it did reboot, but when I unlocked the phone all I had was a black screen.

Now that I have reinstalled neither themed or stock apps will download.
  16. crxlvr

crxlvr New Member

having even more issues, i too am getting amazingly long lag times even when doing a simple google search, it will type one or two letters then freeze for a min or so then finish the typing, or i get the activity... error. I have locked both my messaging into the performance and the lock activities and i am still not recieving all my text messages. Now i am also not receiving phone calls either, and i had full service in the location. I have the kernel and overclocking specs at stock and I havent altered any stock apps to themed or anything.

I will keep this build going for now, but it looks like 1.8 will be back on my phone soon.
  17. skruid

skruid New Member

Before liquid 2.0 no problems, but 2.0 and above all have the same issue, installs fine, but when I reboot it goes to Motorola m and just keeps rebooting that m logo, weird never have that problem before, other than rom is awesome, have to run winner00 builds

18. packfan678

packfan678 New Member

I had the same problem on 2.0 after I installed a theme. It would boot the M 3-4 times then it would finally start.

on a separate note, I rolled back to 2.0.
  19. Domopanda

Domopanda New Member

Might want to try installing a different, lower frequency/higher voltage kernel. It has helped me with that issue in the past.

20. crxlvr

crxlvr New Member

my phone is dropping into 1x mode, where i live it is not from bad cell connection, it has something to do with the rom. I get lag in apps and many force closes. It was a great ride Liquid, and I appluad you for all your hard work, but LGB and my droid 1 do not mix anymore. I will be going back to 1.8.