LGB 2.0 won't install apps

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by jmcdonald, Jun 13, 2011.

1. jmcdonald

jmcdonald New Member

All my apps won't install after flashing lgb 2.0. Tibu says it restored all apps but none show up in the app drawer. I can't even download new apps from the market. I did get an error from one app saying it couldn't write to the Data folder. I have run fix permissions and made sure install from unknown sources is checked. I also did wipe data and cache including Dalvik 3x before installing. I'm at a loss on this one I have always had such good luck with LGB. Any ideas?
  2. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 New Member

Re-download the ROM, wipe data/cache and dalvik only ONCE, DON'T RESTORE ANYTHING WITH TITANIUM BACKUP, and you should be fine. You may have gotten a corrupt download, or titanium backup messed up with gingerbread like it seems to do all the time. Good luck!
  3. jmcdonald

jmcdonald New Member

Thanks that did the trick!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  4. -iD

-iD New Member

For all the problems folks have with TiBu (and I'm not accusing user error!) I wonder why it's packed with the rom in the first place, especially as a system app. I'd just as soon it be left out.

If you use it and want it, just dl it first from the market and use it to restore everything else. Or if you want to be able to rebuild your rom even w/o a data connection, use the TiBu function to create a signed installable apk on your SD card.

Most problems come from issues tibu itself is having or from difficulties arising from it being in /system instead of /data.

If I was a rom dev I'd prefer my user support and issue threads be related to my work and not some third party app I included, esp since it's on the market and has its own support system anyway.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  5. -iD

-iD New Member

This thread is case in point. No offense to the OP, but the issue had NOTHING to do with lgb.

6. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 New Member

I would say, just stick it in the /data partion so it can be removed/updated easier. Some people like to restore their wifi locations before connecting to the market and I don't blame them. But since TB can uninstall apps I sort of want it to stay on the rom. (but in the /data section)
  7. -iD

-iD New Member

If you're connecting to the market to restore apps then you probably already logged into your Gmail account so your wifi credentials should already be restored, all u need to do is turn wifi on.

8. Mac Attack

Mac Attack New Member

I use TiBu to restore app data. Is there a way to do this without using TiBu? I have tried to install 2.0 four times. Each time my apps fail to restore with TiBu. I tried wiping once and multiple times, clearing and not clearing Dalvik and still cannot get my apps data to restore successfully.