1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

LGB 1.92 Call Answer Screen

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by Larock14, May 31, 2011.

1. Larock14

Larock14 New Member

A lot of times when someone calls me my phone rings (choppy), the screen stays black for what seems like forever and then it will finally come on. By the time the slider bar comes up my phone has gone to voice mail. This seemed to work better in 1.9 but not in 1.92. I tried changing the governor to Smartass but that didn't help.

Is there something I can do on my end to make this work better? Any app I should lock into memory?

Thanks in advance,

Scott
  2. otter34

otter34 New Member

I have the same problem. Another problem I have is when I want to hang up. I have the phone held up to my ear when I'm talking and when I am finished w/ the call and want to press the end button the screen stays black. I have it held in front of me and am looking at it but it stays black. I rotate it up, down, sideways, etc and the screen didn't come back on. I had to do a battery pull. I haven't changed any settings at all
  3. Larock14

Larock14 New Member

Yep, I have the same issue... I never get to click the End button either. I spin it, hold it up to the light... Usually I just let the other person hang up and then my phone will go back to the lock screen.... A little frustrating....
  4. skipbl92

skipbl92 New Member

I received 2 calls today: the first I received the black screen, but was able to answer before it went to voicemail, the second came up normally.
  5. rsimpson

rsimpson New Member

The black screen when a call comes in is a pretty well known issue. I have it all the time. As well as the black screen at call end (power button press will turn the screen on, by the way).

The concensus seems to be that if your phone's minimum clock speed is 250mhz or less, the phone takes a long time to ramp up when a call comes in.

This makes sense since I've had calls come in while I was using the device... browsing internet, etc... and the call pops up immediately.

I've tried setting my min clock speed to 400mhz and have had mixed results.

If this is really the issue, why are all the kernels out there with min speeds of 250 or god forbid 125? I'd think kernel devs would bump the minimum up to 300+... or whatever it takes.

I guess it could be the governor as well. Pick one that ramps up very quickly.

This is one of the very few outstanding issues I have left and it's pretty annoying. I'd hate to have to set my min clock speed to 400+ just for this issue.
  6. rsimpson

rsimpson New Member

If the min clock speed is the issue, I guess I'll need to start rooting around for a custom made kernel... I can't go above 900mhz... so with seven slots, I'd need something like
    350,400,500,600,700,800,900 LV.